Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
1. Not for the foreseeable future
2. He'll compete for the starting job next year
3. In a meaningless game late in the season
4. If we're at .500 or below after 8-10 games
5. Early in the season
6. Season opener

Depending on how he does the remainder of the pre-season I think his best shot will come next season.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
If we have a bad season, he might get a shot after we're eliminated from the playoffs.

Otherwise, he'll probably compete next year, unless we sign or draft somebody significantly better.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm trying to fix it, I want the poll results... ehh... I guess I can't do that. Can somebody please fix?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I think if we have only won 4 or 5 games by the time we hit the 10 or 11 game mark, Parcells will mail it in and it will have Romo's face on the stamp.

If this happens it will mean that Bledsoe had failed and/or the O-line is so bad that Bledsoe got hurt and Romo was the choice.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Season Opener. Im buying. Why? Cause Bill Parcells wants to win now, he know he has to put the best in, and he found out last year to the first game of preseason this year that it probably wasn't the offensive line that was the real factor in giving up sacks, it was Drew Bledsoe, he took too long to pass it. He's more accurate on long routes than short routes.

and he gave up some games. For example the Seahawks, he threw an interception.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Ask this question again after tonight's game.

It's already been said, but despite being a preseason game, Bledsoe's performance tonight will go a long way in calming down or heating up this supposed quarterback controversy.

If he looks cool and collected behind this patchwork offensive line, people will be saying, "Just imagine what he'd have done with TO in the lineup." A shaky performance with several sacks and the Romo bandwagon will be cued up like never before.

For a preseason game, it makes tonight's event pretty exciting. I'm actually anxious to see what happens, and Owens isn't even in the lineup.

Of course, if Bledsoe plays poorly and Romo plays just as poorly against the backups, that, too, would have an effect on the controversy. :)

royhitshard

Reaction score
Dale said:

It's already been said, but despite being a preseason game, Bledsoe's performance tonight will go a long way in calming down or heating up this supposed quarterback controversy.

If he looks cool and collected behind this patchwork offensive line, people will be saying, "Just imagine what he'd have done with TO in the lineup." A shaky performance with several sacks and the Romo bandwagon will be cued up like never before.

For a preseason game, it makes tonight's event pretty exciting. I'm actually anxious to see what happens, and Owens isn't even in the lineup.

Of course, if Bledsoe plays poorly and Romo plays just as poorly against the backups, that, too, would have an effect on the controversy. :)
Well said.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Its the time of the year for the most beloved person on the team to be discussed, the Backup QB, and how much better he would make the team if he were playing.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Since Parcells has a Man love for him...Sooner rather than Later.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Dale said:

Dale, if we wanted a calm, rational and intelligent respnse to this thread we would have asked for it. :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Dale said:

Locked and loaded!

The Romosexual Brigade is waiting for the orders to charge!

russian%20soldiers%20in%20trench.JPG

:D

jg1411

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
1. Not for the foreseeable future
2. He'll compete for the starting job next year
3. In a meaningless game late in the season
4. If we're at .500 or below after 8-10 games
5. Early in the season
6. Season opener
7. Never
Well ----how about NONE OF THE ABOVE ----I think in the forseeable future (#1) that Bledosoe will be the QB of a very good Cowboys team and even though Romo can compete (show up for training camp next year) I don't think he will beat out Blesdsoe (answers #2) and as for #3 above I don't think there will be any neaningless games late this season as the Cowboys continue to play for home field advantage in the playoffs ---as for #4 I don't think it is going to happen on the way to a 12 or 13 win regular season----as for # 5 and #6 ----No WAY! #7 is the best possibility except for the possibility of maybe another start or two in the next few seasons during PRESEASON games (how's that for a #8????:laugh2:

scottsp

Reaction score
There is zero chance Romo starts this season as long as Drew Bledsoe is able to go. We still don't have much of an idea as to how a guy like Tony Romo is suited for this league. Hopefully, he will get a number of snaps this season to give us (and the Cowboys) more indication as to his NFL readiness. Right now, we have no idea. Neither does the club.

Next year is next year.

fortdick

Reaction score
Why all this Romo starter stuff? He had a good game against the bottom of Seattle's roster. The guy has not taken a snap under fire in four years. He isn't a starting QB right now. Bledsoe is the guy.

When Henson gets some playing time and does well, no one is going to be saying start him. I think ther eis too much truth to the term Romosexual.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
jg1411 said:
Well ----how about NONE OF THE ABOVE ----I think in the forseeable future (#1) that Bledosoe will be the QB of a very good Cowboys team and even though Romo can compete (show up for training camp next year) I don't think he will beat out Blesdsoe (answers #2) and as for #3 above I don't think there will be any neaningless games late this season as the Cowboys continue to play for home field advantage in the playoffs ---as for #4 I don't think it is going to happen on the way to a 12 or 13 win regular season----as for # 5 and #6 ----No WAY! #7 is the best possibility except for the possibility of maybe another start or two in the next few seasons during PRESEASON games (how's that for a #8????:laugh2:

Great answer :rolleyes:

Choice #2 states that he won't start this year, but will compete for the job. You said that's the case, there's your vote. 7 choices and you pick none of the above... Do you have problems taking stands on anything??:rolleyes: