Pollack makes his debut for the Bengals

morasp

Reaction score
Let's not put him in canton just yet but, Pollack after holding out and practicing about a week and a half is starting off well.

Rookie debut
Pollack made his first appearance on the second series when the Bengals opened in their nickel package putting Pollack at right end, Robert Geathers inside, and taking tackle Bryan Robinson off the field. Pollack was right. He got plenty of work and stayed on the field all the way, taking most of the snaps as either the rush end or at strong-side linebacker in place of Landon Johnson. He logged his first sack in the third quarter when he dumped backup quarterback Koy Detmer, and he finished as the team's second-leading tackler with four.

But Pollack could have had McNabb in the first half with the Eagles leading, 10-3. He was working out of the nickel on third-and-goal from the Bengals 8 when McNabb squirted away from Pollack and found Brown in the flat, where cornerback Keiwan Ratliff failed to track him down

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Everyone knows how I feel about Pollack. I think he's gonna play at a probowl lvl for a lot of years.

That said, Ware is already better then I expected and I hope I was completely wrong about him.

morasp

Reaction score
I wanted to draft Pollack and now have high hopes for ware. With all of the attention and hoopla surrounding the NFL class it's fun to follow the players to see how they develop with their respective teams.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I had kinda hoped that the draft would fall so that we were able to get Ware at 11 and Pollack at 20. I thought it would be really nice to have Ware and Pollack as our bookend OLB's for the next decade or so.

I figured we could find 3-4 DE's outside round 1. Kinda like Coleman and Ratliff seem to be doing a good job there. The stars in a 3-4 are the OLB's.

Still, I think Spears is going to be great and will provide a better pass rush from the DE spot than we would get with either Coleman or Ratliff.