Poor coaching with 10 seconds left in the first half

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Another coaching screw up. You've got I think 10 or 12 seconds. You're on Washington's 36 yard line. Peyton calls a sideline route that is incomplete. Then tries another sideline route and Crayton cannot get out of bounds. Pathetic. We had one time out left. Why not throw a 10 or 15 yard route over the middle with the first attempt, then call time out and kick a field goal?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
yeah on the last play before the half I said they should just throw it into the endzone and let Key try and come down with it. Another bad decision by the coaches tonight.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CaptainAmerica said:
yeah on the last play before the half I said they should just throw it into the endzone and let Key try and come down with it. Another bad decision by the coaches tonight.
We didn't throw it into the end zone all night. Not once.

ratpower

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Hell, I thought there was a second left and we should have had the opportunity to kick the FG.

Thought there was time on the clock too, depending on if any of our players or coaches were yelling TIME OUT...

Like I've said before, pay someone from the zone $50 to go down there and just manage the clock and call timeouts in those situations...

would have been nice to at least take a shot at a fg...though there was no guarantee with cortes...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
there was 1 sec left. I watched bledsoe call the timeout, saw the official waves
his arms when he saw Bledsoe, looked up, and the clock said 1 second. The killer play was Brunell's 25 yard scramble. I usually support Zimmer, but he needs a killer instinct. Had a great blitz to force the 3rd and 27, but instead of pushing the attack, he pulls off and drops everyone back, allowing brunell to make that run. They stop them short on that drive, the game is over, there aren't 2 big plays to Moss, and they probably keep the shutout.