Poor Cowboys, Stupid Cowboys!!!

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
For all the poor us, stupid us for picking Felix Jones over Mendenhall, here is what we are stuck with...poor us! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2132301675565791230&q=felix+jones&ei=IsAUSJ__AY-eqgOE_cDUBA

Seriously in all fairness here is what we missed out on. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3222803516350891246&q=Rashard+Mendenhall&ei=cb8USOW5JY_CqAOc9vS8BA

With Marion Barber on the roster, if Mendenhall is a full time starter how will Marion find the time to be on the field.

Get over it people just comparing highlights there is so much more Felix brings into the fight, the return capabilities by itself is such an added value. The vision and how well he works between the tackles is just amazing for sharing the backfield with another great running back in McFadden.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm much more ok with it now than I was originally cause I do think that Jones is a better fit, for a complementary back, than Mendenhall would have been.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
You must be new to the English language.

Now, can you show us a hi-lite package of the players flaws? Oh wait, thats why scouts don't look at players on youtube! If they did, every draft pick would be a 1st round pick!

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
It really is a 200% upgrade over the departed Jones, just the fact the guy doesn't go down on the first hit. Can catch the ball well out of the backfield, the acceleration from hesitation moves just leaves you feeling :eek: . This is what we have been all frustrated with what Julius should have been.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Jones at 22 is terrible and CJ is a better option at KR and if you want some one catching out of the backfield.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2058352 said:
Jones at 22 is terrible and CJ is a better option at KR and if you want some one catching out of the backfield.

Seriously. Switch teams. Go root for CJ in Tennessee. Buh bye.

xtreme_2k

Reaction score
ahem...for the slow members...please kindly pickup on the sarcasm of the title of this thread...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I thought Jones was a better player than DMac who goes down with the least contact. But I did not have Mendenhall rated lower. Neither did the Cowboys. It was a typical Jerry move. He thinks Jones will help him win a SB this year. Mendenhall would save us a lot of money not having to pay Barber the going rate.

Hopefully there will be a Mendenhall out there next year. Or the next.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2058373 said:
Seriously. Switch teams. Go root for CJ in Tennessee. Buh bye.

I will be rooting for him. but you honestly aren't going to tell me that your happy with the Jones pick when Mendenhall was still on the board and if we wanted a KR/scat back than CJ was obv better at that than Felix. So maybe you should go some where bye bye. My sig during the season will look something like this

2008 Stats

Chris Johnson Rashard Mendenhall Felix Jones Mike Jenkins Antoine Cason Fasano and that crappy TE we drafted.

superpunk

Reaction score
Why do so many people have the same avatar?

And jobberone, the combination of Jones and Choice is likely going to help us avoid overpaying for Barber.

Choice is the real deal.

Thomas82

Reaction score
jobberone;2058386 said:
I thought Jones was a better player than DMac who goes down with the least contact. But I did not have Mendenhall rated lower. Neither did the Cowboys. It was a typical Jerry move. He thinks Jones will help him win a SB this year. Mendenhall would save us a lot of money not having to pay Barber the going rate.

Hopefully there will be a Mendenhall out there next year. Or the next.

I'm hoping we can get another shot at an AP/DMac, game-changing franchise back sometime within the next couple of years. I miss us having one of those.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Felix Jones is really electric. Plus he did this in the SEC without a passing game.