Posluszny will return to Lions

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
By Sirage Yassin
Collegian Staff Writer
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Jackie Posluszny admitted that her son's fourth-quarter injury in the FedEx Orange Bowl factored into the decision somewhat. But Nittany Lions fans can breathe a bit easier now, as Paul Posluszny will wear Blue and White in 2006.

"He plans on coming back," Jackie Posluszny said. "He still wanted to return and finish his schooling."

Posluszny told his family he'll return for his senior season and anchor the Lions defense.

"Paul has a positive attitude. He loves football, he just has to wait for his body to heal," Jackie Posluszny said.

The 2005 Butkus and Bednarik Award winner, Posluszny injured his right knee when he attempted to leap over Seminoles running back Lorenzo Booker midway through the fourth quarter of the Lions' 26-23 triple-overtime Orange Bowl victory.

Posluszny didn't remove a single layer of his uniform, including his helmet, as he elevated his wounded leg on a cart just inches away from moving up the Dolphins Stadium tunnel during last Tuesday's game. The junior linebacker pleaded desperately with the doctors.

"Can I hurt this any worse?" Posluszny, arguably the best linebacker in the country this season, asked.

Their response: not really. Thus his rebuttal: "Well shoot me up, put me back in."

By that time it was late in the final game of a dream season, and Posluszny, knowing there was a possibility he wouldn't return for a senior campaign, just wanted something for the pain.

A Penn State linebacker wanted to be on the field in the fourth quarter -- what a surprise.

But Posluszny is certainly a prized bull when it comes to football, and the medical staff would not budge.

The knee-to-helmet collision resulted in partial tears of Posluszny's posterior cruciate ligament and his medial collateral ligament, according to Dr. Wayne Sebastianelli, Penn State's Director of Athletic Medicine.

The injuries will not require surgery, and rehabilitation is expected to take 6-8 weeks, according to Sebastianelli.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2006/...6dsports-05.asp

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:banghead:

I make no secret about it, this is a guy I wanted us to get.