Post-Combine Draft Thoughts-- Inside Linebacker

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but this is not an impressive group of prospects... my list will be quite short here...

Dont'a Hightower, Alabama-- the more I read about him, the more I like him, the more I think he fits what the Cowboys are looking for... he'll almost certainly be a first round pick, though, and I don't know if the Boys will go that way with that pick...

James-Michael Johnson, Nevada... the Boys showed some interest in him at the Senior Bowl, and in the 4th round, he'd represent terrific value...

Jerry Franklin, Arkansas... Jerry almost never drafts any Razorbacks, but if Franklin's still on the board in the 6th round, I'd make an exception for him...

Carmen Messina-- the only likely undrafted free agent inside 'backer that interests me... his speed is questionable, but he was a tackling machine for the Lobos... he'd only be a two down linebacker in the NFL, but if he's good enough at stuffing the run, there's a place for him in the league...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'd be looking for 3 down ILBs. I think you can find thumpers easily enough. But easier said than done.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Mychal Kendricks reminds me physically of London Fletcher.