Post-Combine Draft Thoughts-- Nose Tackles

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Again, this is not a great group of defensive tackles going in, but there are some intriguing prospects to look for:

Dontari Poe, Memphis... on the one hand, I'm leary of his lack of production in college, but when the draft gurus start comparing him to Haloti Ngata, you have to pay attention... is almost certainly a first round prospect...

Mike Martin, Michigan... might not be as bulky as you'd like to see in your nose tackle, but his 305 pounds are distributed over a rather short 6-1 frame... he's also built like a pro wrestler... Martin deserves consideration in the 3rd round range...

Hebron Fangupo, BYU... he's one of my two favorite pure nose tackles in this draft, and he'll likely be drafted in the 5th round range... I'd think seriously about drafting him then...

Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, Baylor... my other favorite nose tackle, he'll probably be drafted in the 7th round range...

Like I said, there's not a lot to like here, but if I was formulating the draft strategy for the Boys, it would include going after either Fangupo or Jean-Baptiste in the later rounds...