Post Your Senior Bowl Observations

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
give me Campbell and Houston- those were two of the best players in that game-

Im really impressed with Campbells poise, throwing on the run and pocket awareness. Campbell will be a very good qb in the nfl- didnt notice him as much because of Auburns running game.

Im afraid campbell wont be available when we pick in the second- but he would be a great pick.

Sitting Bull said:
I'm no scout but I watched the game closely (our craphonso season and two first rounders will do that to a man). My observations:

South
Anthony Bryant, DT- lifeless bag of meat; no pressure, routinely mauled by Baas (who himself was overmatched by Cody)

Jeremy Parquet, OT- most of the South oline was slow and grabby but Parquet was particularly horrible; totem-pole-stiff and Roth ran right by him

Cornelius Wortham, LB- noticed him twice in coverage showing good agility and awareness

Matt Jones, X-factor- didn’t look natural catching the ball; or running routes; or blocking. But I still like him. I think we should take a shot if he’s there in the fourth, but I can’t tell you why I feel that way...

Marcus Spears, DT- had to use the Tivo to confirm he played. I've got questions about his motor.

North
Antaaj Hawthorne- no stats, but visibly moved the pile and forced several plays before wearing down in the second half. Nasty spin move.

Kirk Morrison OLB- I’ll take this undersized backer over Fincher; made some great open-field tackles with pop. Seemed aggressive and kinda mouthy, like he’d realized this week that he can play with the big boys. Fincher, by comparison, played smaller and got completely juked on an inside run.

Sean Considine, DB- made some solid open field tackles and a heady ST play to down a punt inside the 5.

Bill Swancutt, DE- may be one-dimensional, but the Cowboys need his dimension badly. I predict he’ll routinely kill us after we pass on him.

Alex Smith, TE- made some really nice grabs, including one over DB Rosegreen for 40-yds

Charlie Frye, QB- poised and accurate. Very impressive. No idea where he'll go but he made a believer out of me

Gaede

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
give me Campbell and Houston- those were two of the best players in that game-

Im really impressed with Campbells poise, throwing on the run and pocket awareness. Campbell will be a very good qb in the nfl- didnt notice him as much because of Auburns running game.

Im afraid campbell wont be available when we pick in the second- but he would be a great pick.

I agree completely. Campbell should rise alot after that performance. And like you said, he has tremendous poise...Orton, Berlin, Greene, Frye were all a little rattled (Frye eventually overcoming his poor start though)...Campbell looked like he belonged there from the start

Houston is an excellent runner. Everytime I see him run he looks good.