Postgame show on The Ticket.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Talking about how well JJ started this game and surprised that Barber was in on the second possession.

Makes points about JJ should have stayed in the game and kept trying to run the ball.

Gotta agree with them....let the GAME dictate who the RB is. JJ was obviously having a great game only to get taken out of the game. Let him get a rhythm going and beat down the defense.

Same thing goes if Barber is tearing it up early. Let one of them get a rhythm going.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Jimz31;1758585 said:
Talking about how well JJ started this game and surprised that Barber was in on the second possession.

Makes points about JJ should have stayed in the game and kept trying to run the ball.

Gotta agree with them....let the GAME dictate who the RB is. JJ was obviously having a great game only to get taken out of the game. Let him get a rhythm going and beat down the defense.

Same thing goes if Barber is tearing it up early. Let one of them get a rhythm going.

What he said ...:signmast:

paladin

Reaction score
I remember Emmitt always saying it took 15-20 carries for him to get into a rythmn, but I've never heard our current R/B's say the same. It would be interesting to let either one get 15-20 straight carries.

Reaction score
They definitely messed up by not giving Julius Jones the ball more who's had previous success against the Giants...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
paladin78749;1758713 said:
I remember Emmitt always saying it took 15-20 carries for him to get into a rythmn, but I've never heard our current R/B's say the same. It would be interesting to let either one get 15-20 straight carries.

I believe that JJ said it a couple of weeks ago.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
i was going to start a thread about this. I know we have a rotation but the coaches need to recognize that the rotation need to go to hell if JJ or MBIII are hot.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Jimz31;1758585 said:

No way. Barber is much better and should get every carry. Jones should never see the field. We should trade him for a sixth-round pick. Blah blah blah.

Wood

Reaction score
Barber didnt have his usually nasty running tonight....I dont know what it was but he just couldnt find any daylight to run to. Maybe the Giants just did a really good job on him. I still think Dallas needs to upgrade the RB position this offseason.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
paladin78749;1758713 said:

Rhythm is what bad backs blame when they don't get yards.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I agree. If one back is really tearing it up, he should keep getting the ball. These are pretty small complaints though considering how well our offense is doing overall.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Julius has looked good over the past couple of game. Very un-robotic. ;)

Wolfpack

Reaction score
JJ did good untill he had to make a man miss...he can not do that for some reason anymore. He has no shake n bake left and he cant run thru anyone. I'll take Barber vs a safety any day.

Enjoy Denver next year JJ.

ddh33

Reaction score
I thought Julius was the best back today too. Still glad we have both of them.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;1759137 said:
why is the RB rotation such a point of emphasis? it's working, shuddup about it already
Maybe you missed the point of the thread.

It's pretty much agreed that whoever has the hot hand, the coaches should go with it. That thinking should apply to either RB. Barber or Julius.

Today, Julius seemed to do more damage early on than Barber for whatever reason. If that's the case, then maybe Julius should've gotten more carries.