Practice Points: Trevon Diggs gets first live reps

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hmm, looks like real football on the field updates is not very popular sans Jeorge Teague one of my all time favorite Cowboys. :thumbup:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- It was another good day in run defense from Mazi Smith. He's beginning to quickly stack those as camp rolls along thanks to the added weight and commitment to improving the speed of his get-off on the snap, as well as coaching from both Jeff Zgonina and Greg Ellis. On Monday, there was one play in particular that put his progression on display: when Smith bull rushed Brock Hoffman then shed him to fill the run lane at the last second — forcing Ezekiel Elliott to run right into a brick wall. - (Patrik Walker)
It's still early, but........A lot of people might end up eating some crow this year because of Mazi. It's looking like he might make some plays and not be the complete bust many have labeled him so far.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's still early, but........A lot of people might end up eating some crow this year because of Mazi. It's looking like he might make some plays and not be the complete bust many have labeled him so far.
He’s getting a lot of coaching. More than he’s ever had before. It’s his 2nd scheme in 2 seasons so he struggled early on throughout the offseason. But you can tell from all the different reports that he’s making some good plays doing his job and showing progress from the inconsistency in the past.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Nah. I've heard right here on this very board that Mazi is a bust and having all kinds of issues in practice. I trust them much more than reports from people actually at camp and the coaches.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And Carson. He’s a physical corner and someone I think Zimmer will utilize a lot.

Along with Bell and Wilson at safety. Should be a great secondary. I'm encouraged with what I've seen from Mazi. With Zimmer's style of defence, the linebackers should be good. I'm hopeful that our defence can be good in both the pass AND the run this year. We need them to be that way.