Twitter: Practice Tweets/Stephen Jones comments - 09/04/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 34m
Brian Waters is No. 64 and DE Rayford is No. 95 for Cowboys.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 32m
Brian Waters, No. 64, working at right guard with the second-team offensive line. pic.twitter.com/gYWx73H5W9
First-team Cowboys o-line (from left to right): Tyron, Leary, Frederick, Bernadeau and Free.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 33m
Spencer in weight room. Not on field for practice. That doesn't bode well for Sunday
Waters is at backup right guard behind Bernardeau
Stephen jones said the line is no longer a question mark with the addition of waters as it upgrades the starting line and bolsters depth
Stephen jones said bernadeau goes from starter to a quality backup with starting experience
The cowboys are still hopeful that spencer can practice Thursday and play spot duty on Sunday

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 32m
Free is back at RT with Bernadeau at RG.
Anthony Spencer is in the weight room as practice begins, though Garrett says he anticipates Spencer doing something on the practice field.
Just leave Waters out in this 100-degree heat a couple of hours and he will either be in football shape or having heat stroke.
Dunbar is walking out to do rehab work. He is not dressed for practice.
McCray and Dunbar are unlikely for Sunday, but they still are holding out hope that Spencer can get some spot duty.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 23m
Whatever's wrong with Micah Pellerin, he's moving pretty good in rehab. Practice squad guy, though.
Cowboys list Brian Waters at 6-3, 320 today. Listed at 6-3, 318 by the Patriots in 2011.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 31m
Ronald Leary is at LG and Mackenzy Bernadeau at RG with 1-team.
Stephen Jones said the Waters signing doesn't hurt them from making other moves in free agency.
Stephen Jones also expects Bernadeau to fight for his starting job. "He's not going to just give it away."

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 31m
Ronald Leary is working with the starters at LG with Mackenzy Bernadeau at RG. Brian Waters working with 2s at RG.
Stephen Jones: Brian Waters "a pro and he takes care of himself. Obviously, if u turn on tape from NE 2 years ago, he's a helluva player."

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 30m
No Anthony Spencer, Danny McCray, Lance Dunbar at practice.

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 32m
First line at walkthrough portion is Leary LG, Bernadeau RG, Free RT. Waters working in at RG with second group

@fishsports #cowboys personnel dept. tells me they believe Rayford has leverage advantage allowing him to play weak AND strong-side DE

FiveRings

Reaction score
I wanted Moore all offseason, but knowing how his heart wasn't in it, and Waters is playing for us solely because he wants to makes me like him so much more (no pun intended)

physeter

Reaction score
Very much appreciated WG

It will be interesting to see this OLonce Waters is inserted into the lineup

reddyuta

Reaction score
Hmm.I have a feeling Waters might in limited capacity especially if Bernie is his usual whiffing self.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I wanted Moore all offseason, but knowing how his heart wasn't in it, and Waters is playing for us solely because he wants to makes me like him so much more (no pun intended)

Moore was Leary about playing so we got Berned. But now we have been set Free by the rushing Waters. It Costa little but now we are Livings right

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 1h
Garrett hasn't ruled Waters out this week though it would be tough for him in regards to learning the offense and conditioning

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2h
Garrett says Waters had a good workout on a hot day. Not much heavier than his playing weight in 2011.

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 2h
Jason Garrett says he is excited to have Brian Waters "on board". He says Waters has been working out but will have to get in ftball shape.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 2h
Garrett: Brian Waters visited Valley Ranch on Monday, had a good workout on Tuesday. "He just did a good job in the workout...He's a pro."

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Depends how much of the change of his muscle went to fat. Then again muscle weighs more than fat and it could be all cardio training is all he needs work on.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So leary's ready to play thats good i thought he was hurt. Wonder how claibornes doing?

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Depends how much of the change of his muscle went to fat. Then again muscle weighs more than fat and it could be all cardio training is all he needs work on.

Still, atleast he isnt like that one guy on the Ravens (I think) that was almost 400 pounds. Lol

coult44

Reaction score
I was sick of talking about our OL so negatively, I'm glad we got this guy. If he's as good as advertised we are in decent shape now. Haven't been able to say that in a very long time. Good job JJ...

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Moore was Leary about playing so we got Berned. But now we have been set Free by the rushing Waters. It Costa little but now we are Livings right

Very good Sir! You are awarded 2 Internets.