Praise and Thoughts for Next Week

TexasBacon

Reaction score
What a great win. Not only did they win, they dominated, and hopefully gave themselves the momentum and confidence for a deep run. Here's a few things to be thankful for and think about:

1. Man, it was so awesome to see the defense come back into form! So much pressure, and the secondary might have played the best game I've seen all season. It was certainly the best the secondary has played since losing Brown and Lewis. I love, LOVE, the way they used 3-4 safeties instead of risking it with Wright or Joseph. Very creative and I'm sure that disrupted Brady's plans of targeting the weak CB3. Micah looked incredible and back to his dominant self. Getting LVE and Hankins back had every bit of impact we needed it to and we should really give the training and coaching staffs kudos for how all of the injured players returning played. I was worried they would be rusty and nope, LVE, Hankins, and Biadasz all played great. I think Biadasz being the general on the line is very important to this offense. Glad he is OK and back in the lineup.
2. Speaking of offense, it seemed like our offensive coaching staff had been sandbagging plays and schemes on both sides of the ball. Kellen called an incredible game and the offense looked anything but vanilla and predictable. I loved that we opened the game with 3 straight passes, despite getting off to a slow start. Dak wasn't forcing anything and several receivers were schemed to get open very, very well. I really, really hope they can carry this creativity forward to SF on a short week.
3. Can't say enough about the OL play. Tyron is starting to be dominant and RT, Tyler looks great no matter where he played, and while JP getting hurt was unfortunate, it was fortuitous that McGovern was able to slide right back into his starting role. Vita Vea wasn't an issue last night. The OL continuing this level of play will be key to beating SF.
4. Dak. Just, man. He played perfectly. They issue with Dak has never been his ceiling. When he plays at his highest level, he is one of the best in the game. It's his consistency that keeps him out of being unquestionably a top 5 QB. Hopefully he has finally overcome that hurdle and can continue what he started last night, at least for 3 more games. You could tell he wants it just by the way he ran the ball and (attempted to, lol) threw that block for Zeke.
5. Time to go all-in with Pollard as 1. I think they used him well last night even though I know some people think he should get ALL the carries. I still like the idea of getting a defense used to Zeke for a few series' and then letting Pollard take over. Zeke is also still the best option for 1-2 yards when needed.

I could go on but the real takeaway for me isn't just that they won, it's how they won. It's that, after the defense really falling off for the last month of the season, they came back to form and dominated. It's that after his worst game of the season, Dak and the offense came back and played their best game. It's that they overcame so many "curses"/ historical boogie men, as well as the memory of last year's playoff implosion, and are two wins away from the Super Bowl. They have a tall task against SF but if they can continue the level of play they showed last night they can beat them.

Two random thoughts to close:
1. I hate looking ahead, but if we are going to win this then I want Philly in the NFCC. I mean sure, I'd love to play the Giants at home and that's probably the better matchup for us, but I really want to go to Philly and beat the **** out of them at home to win the conference. **** Philly and everything they stand for.
2. Dallas should either wear the navy jersey and white pants or the color rush uniform at San Francisco. They are undefeated in the white pants this year and I love the idea of saying screw tradition, this is a new team with a new identity and their own aesthetic. I think Big Mike showed them baby photos of the players who were alive in 1992 when they won the last road playoff game to show that none of the curse crap matters. Wear navy and create their own luck.

Sorry for my word salad but I'm excited and I'm going to enjoy this week! Let's all be happy we have another shot at a divisional game without Aaron Rodgers there to thwart us!