Pray for the Blitz on Sunday!

dooomsday

Reaction score
From the Jason Witten Show...

"On the TO touchdown. They brought the house on that one. Tony was yelling at TO. It was too late for them to come out of their scheme at that point. You have to communicate on the field. You can't keep it secret sometimes. I was waving on the other side at Tony as the guy covering me was coming too so I was wide open as well. That's the definition of a jailbreak. Parcells always told you guys that the day you "get it" you'll pray for the blitz. Yeah and that's the way we feel now. If you do pick it up there are lots of yards to be had out there. You have to have the right scheme called, but we are ready for it."

This sound so encouraging. Listen to the way Romo took control on that TD. We have arrived as an elite team and this sort of stuff confirms it. Let them come Sunday! We cannot be stopped.

Seriously.

:bow:

Reaction score
I was wondering when the day would return when we would have a QB, and an offense in general that could handle a blitz and beat it like this. It feels so good. :bow:

morieeel

Reaction score
yea, it seems our offense is more comfortable w/ the blitz then zone coverage.

Eddie

Reaction score
dooomsday;1751622 said:
We have arrived as an elite team and this sort of stuff confirms it. Let them come Sunday! We cannot be stopped.

Seriously.

:bow:

Not quite elite yet. Let's hold off these types of annointments until we win a SB. Then we can be considered an elite team.

Until then, we're simply a good team.

dooomsday

Reaction score
We are elite IMO! We have seperated from the pack.

My eilte may be your good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure the Giants will bring the blitz from time to time but they pretty much stay in zone coverage. No matter what they run our offense should be able to attack them.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1751702 said:
I'm sure the Giants will bring the blitz from time to time but they pretty much stay in zone coverage. No matter what they run our offense should be able to attack them.

You can argue back and forth regarding the level the teams we have faced. The Igles, The Ginsts, Chic and NE have pretty good pass rushes. And on those teams several of the league leadering in sacks. We have not been affected by the blitz so far. I cannot see that changing. I think Romo has turned the corner when it comes to picking up blitzes and making good decsions. Which of course is HUGE.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dooomsday;1751721 said:
You can argue back and forth regarding the level the teams we have faced. The Igles, The Ginsts, Chic and NE have pretty good pass rushes. And on those teams several of the league leadering in sacks. We have not been affected by the blitz so far. I cannot see that changing. I think Romo has turned the corner when it comes to picking up blitzes and making good decsions. Which of course is HUGE.

I agree but the Giants do not blitz as often as say Philly. Matter of fact the Bears do not blitz that often. They run Tampa 2 cover and will throw in blitzes. G-men will normally operate out of a 2 deep zone as part of their base defense but they will also bring the blitz from time to time. When teams are playing zones we have to find the soft area of the zone and attack it and when they bring the blitz Romo has to find the one on one and that is determined by what kind of blitz that is coming. In the Philly game TO TD came about because Dawkins the safety came on the blitz. Had that been a LB blitz chances are the slant rout over the middle would have been the spot to attack.