Pre Camp 53

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Why not:

QB (2) Dak and Lance. We trade Rush for a conditional late pick and find another arm for the PS

RB (3) Zeke, Freeman, Rico

FB (1) Hunter

TE (4) Fergi, Schoon, Stephens, Spann-Ford

WR (6) Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks, Flournoy

OL (9) Guyton, Smith, Cooper, Zack, Steele, Bass, Hoffman, Edoga, Richards

DL (9) Tank, Micah, Mazi, Osa, Sam, Kneeland, Fehoko, Rogers, Golston -the interior DL is by far the weakest spot on the team

LB (6) Kendricks, Oshown, Clark, Marist, Harvey, Wheat

CB (5) Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Scott, Carson

S (4) Hooker, Thomas, Wilson, Bell - personally I would trade Hooker for a pick but I don’t think they will.

ST (4) Aubrey, Anger, Sieg, Goodwin

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why not:

QB (2) Dak and Lance. We trade Rush for a conditional late pick and find another arm for the PS

FB (1) Hunter

DL (9) Tank, Micah, Mazi, Osa, Sam, Kneeland, Fehoko, Rogers, Golston -the interior DL is by far the weakest spot on the team

S (4) Hooker, Thomas, Wilson, Bell - personally I would trade Hooker for a pick but I don’t think they will.

no one will trade anything for rush. why? he has no talent, 30+. and they know where cowboys sit with the stupid lance trade and thus having no option but to promote him to 2nd. so they will wait until he is released.

This is a pretty average roster.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
no one will trade anything for rush. why? he has no talent, 30+. and they know where cowboys sit with the stupid lance trade and thus having no option but to promote him to 2nd. so they will wait until he is released.

I was thinking someone like Chicago. Be a sounding board for Caleb.

John813

Reaction score
I have nothing against Goodwin, but it would be nice if one decade a drafted corner could outplay him as a STer with some upside at corner in a pinch.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Conditional late pick maybe. He might be viewed as a guy that might be able to win 2 of 4 if he has to sub for a stretch. That could be valuable in a playoff chase

Also keep a conditional pick doesnt mean we will end up getting a pick. Sometimes conditions are set that the player has to hit a threshold for a pick to convey. If he doesnt you get nothing. A good example of this is the Christine Michael trade. In the end, we didnt give up any picks because Michael didn't meet the conditions for a pick to convey

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Conditional late pick maybe. He might be viewed as a guy that might be able to win 2 of 4 if he has to sub for a stretch. That could be valuable in a playofd chase
That’s someone you trade for later though. Like Josh Dobbs. It’s gonna take an injury for someone to take a shot at Rush and honestly a lot of teams have backup QBs there’s nothing that really sets Rush apart.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s someone you trade for later though. Like Josh Dobbs. It’s gonna take an injury for someone to take a shot at Rush and honestly a lot of teams have backup QBs there’s nothing that really sets Rush apart.
If you are talking about a conditional pick that might not convey, there is a chance a playoff contender might be interested just to get him in the system from the beginning.

I dont think anyone is giving up a set in stone pick for Rush though

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Why not:

FB (1) Hunter

The infuriating thing for me is that it would be a good, maybe really good roster, if it wasn't for the two black holes at RB and DT. What makes it worse, is that RB and 1-tech aren't that expensive or hard to get to at least a respectable level. It just doesn't feel like the Jones' boys want to do it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you are talking about a conditional pick that might not convey, there is a chance a playoff contender might be interested just to get him in the system from the beginning.

I dont think anyone is giving up a set in stone pick for Rush though
What I mean is most contenders or teams have a backup in place. It might take a injury to a guy for someone to maybe be interested in him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Conditional late pick maybe. He might be viewed as a guy that might be able to win 2 of 4 if he has to sub for a stretch. That could be valuable in a playoff chase

Also keep a conditional pick doesnt mean we will end up getting a pick. Sometimes conditions are set that the player has to hit a threshold for a pick to convey. If he doesnt you get nothing. A good example of this is the Christine Michael trade. In the end, we didnt give up any picks because Michael didn't meet the conditions for a pick to convey
sorry, there are a lot of able to win 2-4 games type QBs out there. most teams already have it. most playoff teams hoping for serious post season run already have it, those who have roster holes are usually struggling teams.

I just don't see a market for Rush. again, its cowboys fans thinking our garbage is gold and that other teams want our garbage. and somehow these bottom of the roster players are highly valued by other teams and that's just not the case.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sorry, there are a lot of able to win 2-4 games type QBs out there. most teams already have it. most playoff teams hoping for serious post season run already have it, those who have roster holes are usually struggling teams.

I just don't see a market for Rush. again, its cowboys fans thinking our garbage is gold and that other teams want our garbage. and somehow these bottom of the roster players are highly valued by other teams and that's just not the case.
I think you seriously underestimating Rush. He is a true hero of men , and a real legend of the fall.

On a serious note, I dont see real value in Rush. I think the max you get from Rush is a conditional 7th that may not even convey. I think there are situations that could come up in TC/Preseason where a team may be left with two guys behind their starter thats never thrown an NFL pass. In that scenario, they may take a phone call on Rush. If the trades are something like they give up a 7th if he throws 80 passes, they might take that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think you seriously underestimating Rush. He is a true hero of men , and a real legend of the fall.

On a serious note, I dont see real value in Rush. I think the max you get from Rush is a conditional 7th that may not even convey. I think there are situations that could come up in TC/Preseason where a team may be left with two guys behind their starter thats never thrown an NFL pass. In that scenario, they may take a phone call on Rush. If the trades are something like they give up a 7th if he throws 80 passes, they might take that
I won't argue with that....conditional 7th would be the best offer we get