Preconceived notions

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
shieldfan's SportingBlog
Sep 21, 2006 11:33 PM

Last year everyone was jumping on the Steelers bandwagon. I am about to commit heresy. I wasn't one of them. I thought the Steelers were a tough team, but not Superbowl material. In my mind that makes their Superbowl win even more valuable because they beat the odds - a LOT of odds - to get there.

This year everyone seemed to think they would do it again, but they are having problems. I simply cannot see the Steelers repeating that miracle season.

Sorry. It just won't happen.

It's the same thing for the Eagles. They beat up on the Texans in week 1 and everyone thought it was the second coming of the Superbowl Eagles. It was the TEXANS for pete's sake! Then in week 2 they made a good showing against the Giants but couldn't hold them off. The Eagles are in the same fix they were in before - no WR corps worth mentioning, no stable RB situation, and McNabb having to carry the game. The defense still plays well, but even they have taken a hit by losing Kearse for the season. I can't see the Eagles making it back to the PLAYOFFS in that division, let alone the Superbowl. Unless a miracle happens. That means the Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, and Bears ALL have to fold up in the presence of Philadelphia. Don't see it.

The amazing thing was Miami picking up Culpepper. He is just as lousy as he was in his last year in Minnesota. Either something happened to him or else Moss made him look a lot better than he was. He needs some serious coaching - and fast. Or else Miami will be moving on real quick. They simply can't expect to make the postseason with him tossing away the ball and making bad decisions. The rest of the team is too good to have to put up with that. Maybe Jake Plummer heads to Miami after Denver dumps him...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Lst year you had to be dilusional to think the Steelers were going all the way. But like you said they proved alot of us wrong. However that was a miracle season, a 1/10 lucky shot and they got it.

Good for them, they have 5 rings now:mad: ..But will they repeat or even make the playoffs this year?

SB= Hell no

Playoffs= If they get lucky

Miracles dont happen twice...Much less in a row.