Predict the 53 Man Roster: Part III - The Offensive Tackles

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Time to show your stuff! Predict the 53 man roster before the preseason or even training camp starts. Final results will be in a 53 Man Roster thread after all polls are posted.

This is a multiple choice poll. Select as many players as you think Bill will keep on the team.

Feel free to check the links for previous polls and vote if you have not already for that position.

Part I - Safeties (Vote now!)
Current leaders (in order): Roy Williams, Pat Watkins, Keith Davis, Marcus Coleman, Justin Beriault, Willie Pile

Part II - Running Backs (Vote now!)
Current leaders (in order): Julius Jones, Marion Barber, Tyson Thompson, Demetris Summers, Lousaka Polite

Part III - Offensive Tackles

Part IV - Defensive Ends
Part IV - Offensive Guards & Centers
Part V - Outside Linebackers
Part VI - Cornerbacks
Part VII - Wide Receivers
Part VIII - Defensive Tackles
Part IX - Inside Linebackers
Part X - Tight Ends
Part XI - Special Teams
Part XII - Quarterbacks

Last year, Bill entered the season with 3 offensive tackles on his 53 man roster: Flozell Adams, Torrin Tucker and Rob Petitti. Will he keep a similar amount? Will he play it much safer this season to avoid another line collapse disaster, and keep more depth on the offensive line?

Interesting depth issues at offensive tackle this year. It's time to build youth on the line and hopefully some of these young players will step forward and be the foundation for the future.

It's probably almost guaranteed that Flozell Adams and Jason Fabini will have roster spots waiting for them. Rob Petitti struggled last year but he's reported to be in better shape and we've had other low round or undrafted tackles that ended up pretty darn good after learning the ropes. (See Mark Tuinei.)

Columbo is an interesting project. He was a legit 1st rounder and played like it until a fearsome injury took him out for a while. This is reportedly his first training camp he reports to in prime playing shape although JJT says that he stills looks woefully "unathletic."

The fun part begins with the 3 youngsters: Pat McQuistan, E.J. Whitley and Dennis Roland. McQuistan played for a small school at both tackle and guard, and keep in mind that his identical twin brother who played on the same team went in the 3rd round. Whitley was a team leader for the Red Raiders who has the versatility that Parcells loves. (He played every position on the line in college.) Roland has an intimidating 6'9" frame but needs more bulk and technique.

(Feel free to reply with comments on players you think will make the practice squad.)

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/img/photo/08-05/0812cow3.jpg
Name & Vitals: Flozell Adams, 6'7" 343 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: 8 years (Michigan State)
How Acquired by Dallas: Draft
Originally Acquired: 2nd Round, 1998 (Cowboys)
2005 Stats: 6 games, 6 games started

33-24677-f.jpg

Name & Vitals: Marc Columbo, 6'8" 317 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: 4 years (Boston College)
How Acquired by Dallas: Free Agency
Originally Acquired: 1st Round, 2002 (Bears)
2005 Stats: 5 games, 0 games started

1189.jpg

Name & Vitals: Jason Fabini, 6'7" 304 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: 8 years (Cincinnati)
How Acquired by Dallas: Free Agency
Originally Acquired: 4th Round, 1998 (Jets)
2005 Stats (college): 9 games, 9 games started

mcquistan_050606_300.jpg

Name & Vitals: Pat McQuistan, 6'6" 315 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: Rookie (Weber State)
Originally Acquired: 7th Round, 2006 (Cowboys)
2005 Stats: 10 games at tackle & guard

image_2032161.jpg

Name & Vitals: Rob Petitti, 6'5" 347 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: 1 year (Pittsburgh)
Originally Acquired: 6th round, 2005 (Cowboys)
2005 Stats: 16 games, 16 games started

2005081218.jpg

Name & Vitals: Dennis Roland, 6'9" 328 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: Rookie (Georgia)
How Acquired by Dallas: Rookie Free Agency
Originally Acquired: rookie free agent, 2006 (Cowboys)
2005 Stats (college): 13 games started (includes SEC Championship & Bowl game)

5846_512.jpg

Name & Vitals: E.J. Whitley, 6'5" 301 lbs.
NFL Experience & College: Rookie (Texas Tech)
Originally Acquird: 7th round, 2006 (Cowboys)
2005 Stats (college): couldn't find senior numbers, 44 career starts at Tech

Other: Nothing on the radar. Most offensive tackles still looking for a team this late or in danger of being cut aren't worth much anyways.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McQuistan is junk. Wont make past second cut.Whitley will play C/G and will most likely make the PS.

burmafrd

Reaction score
BP said columbo was looking a lot better. so when did JJT see him- not that I think JJT is much of a source.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VoR said:
McQuistan and Whitley will be on the PS.

I agree with that unless a major surprise happens.

The "final" four will be:

Adams
Columbo
Fabini
Petitti

twa

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I agree with that unless a major surprise happens.

The "final" four will be:

Adams
Columbo
Fabini
Petitti

Yep, but I think Whitley suprises enough to make the cut at C/G, followed him since high school:cool:

BlueStar II

Reaction score
With Columbo's 1st round background, if he is able to play up to the expectations of a 1st rounder, we will have picked him up for a real bargain basement price. However...he will have to show that he's back from his injuries, I hope he is, but we probably won't know 'til we see him at game speed.

Hoov

Reaction score
Adams, Columbo, Fabini, Petitti and i agree that Whitley starys around on practice squad due to versatility

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I have to say, offensive tackle is a lot clearer in the eyes of the fans than the other position thus far. Rob Petitti has the highest percentage of any potential backup yet, and Marc Colombo isn't too shabby for a guy brought in mid-season. Almost 85%!