Prediction: Bledsoe to set records this season

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I predict that (barring injury) Drew Bledsoe will set the Cowboy's record for passing yardage this year. Here's why:

1) Our OL is obviously better at pass-blocking than they are at run-blocking. Our running game will not be very good, so we will have to depend on our passing game.
2) Parcells is a maniac at teaching his teams how to handle the blitz. Because of that, this team is very good at responding to the blitz.
3) T.O. and Terry Glenn (if they are both healthy all season), along with Jason Witten, Fasano, Crayton, and Barber, might be the most impressive array of options a Cowboy's quarterback has ever had (OK, maybe Irvin, Harper, Novacek, Smith, & Johnston were more impressive - but they were foremost a great running team).
4) Parcells has a history of turning Bledsoe loose to throw a lot of passes when he feels it is his best option. This year that is his best option.

Did you know?
- Bledsoe had the second highest number of passing yards in Cowboys history last year? 3639. That's more yards than Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever threw for.
- Who holds the Cowboy's record? (I guessed this before looking it up) Danny White, who threw for 3980 yards in 1983. His receiving options were pretty impressive as well, with Thrill Hill, Butch Johnson, and Drew Pearson at WR, Doug Cosbie at TE, and excellent third down back Ron Springs.
- In 2004, the Cowboys went 6-10. That season Vinny Testeverde threw for 3532 yards, third highest in Cowboys history and more than Troy Aikman ever threw for.
- In his rookie season, while playing for Bill Parcells in NE, Drew Bledsoe threw for 4555 yards, the highest total of his career.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Oh I thought you were gonna mention sacks or fumbles but I think he has those already

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
i think bledsoe will have a good year- he's the backup to bulger on my fantasy team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Bledsoe will have a career year. He had a great first season in Dallas and he's never had the caliber of weapons that he's got now.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
nyc said:
Nobody will every be better than Danny White!

That's funny. I have a good friend who is now about 28 years old, so his first football memories were of Danny White and the Dallas Cowboys. A friend and I were talking about the Cowboys one day and he said "as a kid, I loved the Cowboys. I was a huge Danny White fan!" We busted out laughing. He got offended. He was serious.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
It's entirely possible, Bledsoe has always put up tons of yards. Plus, you guys should be behind alot and passing to catch up (j/k)

MossBurner

Reaction score
riggo said:
i think bledsoe will have a good year- he's the backup to bulger on my fantasy team.

Did you take your first QB in the 9th round or something?

:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MossBurner said:
Did you take your first QB in the 9th round or something?

:)

20 rounds!

And Brunell still wasn't drafted!

:suxskins:

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Awakened said:
I predict that (barring injury) Drew Bledsoe will set the Cowboy's record for passing yardage this year. Here's why:

1) Our OL is obviously better at pass-blocking than they are at run-blocking. Our running game will not be very good, so we will have to depend on our passing game.
2) Parcells is a maniac at teaching his teams how to handle the blitz. Because of that, this team is very good at responding to the blitz.
3) T.O. and Terry Glenn (if they are both healthy all season), along with Jason Witten, Fasano, Crayton, and Barber, might be the most impressive array of options a Cowboy's quarterback has ever had (OK, maybe Irvin, Harper, Novacek, Smith, & Johnston were more impressive - but they were foremost a great running team).
4) Parcells has a history of turning Bledsoe loose to throw a lot of passes when he feels it is his best option. This year that is his best option.

Did you know?
- Bledsoe had the second highest number of passing yards in Cowboys history last year? 3639. That's more yards than Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach ever threw for.
- Who holds the Cowboy's record? (I guessed this before looking it up) Danny White, who threw for 3980 yards in 1983. His receiving options were pretty impressive as well, with Thrill Hill, Butch Johnson, and Drew Pearson at WR, Doug Cosbie at TE, and excellent third down back Ron Springs.
- In 2004, the Cowboys went 6-10. That season Vinny Testeverde threw for 3532 yards, third highest in Cowboys history and more than Troy Aikman ever threw for.
- In his rookie season, while playing for Bill Parcells in NE, Drew Bledsoe threw for 4555 yards, the highest total of his career.

Great Post and thanks for the info.....I too think Bledsoe is on his way to great things this season and it's going to be exciting too watch. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that any key players on offense don't get hurt, especially on the oline.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Awakened said:
That's funny. I have a good friend who is now about 28 years old, so his first football memories were of Danny White and the Dallas Cowboys. A friend and I were talking about the Cowboys one day and he said "as a kid, I loved the Cowboys. I was a huge Danny White fan!" We busted out laughing. He got offended. He was serious.

Why would you laugh at Danny White?

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
JMead said:
It was Bledsoe's second season where he had 4500 yards.

True. He didn't become the starter until some time during his rookie season. The 4500 season was his first full season as a starter.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
Why would you laugh at Danny White?

We laughed because seldom would you ever find a true Cowboys fan who would say one of their favorite Cowboys players of all time is Danny White. He was good, but just never was one of those truly inspirational great players. He kinda reflected the personality of the coach and the team in the 80's - very consistent, dependable, proficient, and bland.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on when you start watching the Boys.

I can see if you where a young kid just starting to watch America's team and you see this guy go to the Pro Bowl and lead the team to 3 NFC champioship games, how he could be you favorite player.

Not that he is mine, I started with Staubach!

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
I think a lot of it depends on when you start watching the Boys.

I can see if you where a young kid just starting to watch America's team and you see this guy go to the Pro Bowl and lead the team to 3 NFC champioship games, how he could be you favorite player.

Not that he is mine, I started with Staubach!

Yep, good point.