Prediction: Will TP have another 100 yard game this year?

Kellsbells

Reaction score
GameATT
Rushing attempts
YDS
Rushing yards
AVG
Average yards per carry
TD
Rushing touchdowns
REC
Total receptions
Nov 30
vs
SEA
Nov 23
vs
WAS
Nov 19
@
CAR
Nov 12
vs
NYG
15553.70-
Nov 5
@
PHI
Oct 29
vs
LA
Oct 16
@
LAC
Oct 8
@
SF
Oct 1
vs
NE
Sep 24
@
ARI
Sep 17
vs
NYJ
Sep 10
@
NYG

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't particularly care how many yards he has per se as long as he keeps getting into the end zone.

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah he’s not a 20+ carry per game guy (we also don’t run it that much anyway) and we aren’t a good run blocking team.

I don’t think many RB’s under that formula are going to get you many 100 yard rushing games.

XXLMike

Reaction score
If he does ; he’ll need to rip off a 40+ yarder on one carry to make up the chunk.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unlikely. He only has one so far this year. In the new post SF game pass happy offense he won't get enough carries.

blueblood70

Reaction score
GameATT
Rushing attempts
YDS
Rushing yards
AVG
Average yards per carry
TD
Rushing touchdowns
REC
Total receptions
Nov 30
vs
SEA
Nov 23
vs
WAS
Nov 19
@
CAR
Nov 12
vs
NYG
15553.70-
Nov 5
@
PHI
Oct 29
vs
LA
Oct 16
@
LAC
Oct 8
@
SF
Oct 1
vs
NE
Sep 24
@
ARI
Sep 17
vs
NYJ
Sep 10
@
NYG
I think the irony here is thick when zeke was starting with this team the last two seasons he was called waste putting up numbers like this he did it on one leg he was hurt the second-half of both those seasons he actually was putting up as good a numbers as Tony Pollard is right now a better blocker better in short yardage etcetera etcetera but they kept harping on him oh he hasn't had 100 yard game in a really long time I'm glad you brought this up because Tony Pollard is struggling doing it because he's on the field so much blocking being a decoy running routes doing all The Dirty work it's not just how many carries you get he's being wore out,,

I don't care whether he gets 100 yard game as long as we're winning but he's not scoring a lot of touchdowns he's not getting 100 yard games his average is very average for a guy making $10 million and turnabout is fair play if we can criticize zeke who has 100 times the mileage on his legs both from college all the way up till 2022 and his release it still was averaging 4.8 yards per carry in the first half of both the last two seasons he was here also had a lot more touchdowns and again a better blocker people just disrespect players and call them washed but now Pollard is getting these excuses that it must be the line there's no holes blah blah blah oh that never happened with zeke I mean did we see 2020 when you had a fumbling problem how many lines we went through and having no quarterbacketc

I truly believe Tony would be a lot better had they gone to Rico and hunter and ran more pro formations especially at goal line and let them do The Dirty work on short yardage not all the time but get Tony some rest so Tony can beat Tony Tony's a better change of pace back when he's not having to be on the field for 60 snaps a game... I don't understand it cause Rico seems to be a lot closer to what Ezekiel Elliott was his last few years here not young fresh Ezekiel Elliott but Rico can do a lot of those same things he runs with a little bit more power he seems to not wanna go down and you put a full back in front of him and in front of Tony for that matter or put Rico or combination of them in the backfield at the same time I'm not trying to tell Mike how he should run things but he's running Tony Pollard into the ground..

Tony is not a workhorse back and they're making him into a workhorse back and yes he's putting up decent numbers for being used so much but that's not what you get paid $10 million for you got paid $10 million to be what he was when he backed up Ezekiel Elliott explosive plays touchdowns hi averages he doesn't have any of those now...

So this isn't a knock on Tony more than it is Mike McCarthy and I don't understand why they're not trying to make short yard is easier by using a full back and Rico Moore but it's a little late for that I figured in this three-game stretch through Thanksgiving that they would have flipped the snap counts and gave Rico a bigger part of the load during some of them games and took some mileage off of Tony so coming into games now going through this gauntlet he'd be much more fresh....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean truthfully if he was getting carries in those blowouts he'd have more...probably not though. Seems like this team is relying on Dak's arm and opening up the run game not the other way around.

stiletto

Reaction score
I mean truthfully if he was getting carries in those blowouts he'd have more...probably not though. Seems like this team is relying on Dak's arm and opening up the run game not the other way around.
The Oline is not run blocking well this year for whatever reason, holes aren't there. Probably the scheme more than anything. MM's offenses have never been run heavy oriented even though he said that's what he wants to do. I don't mind the change too much really. It is 2023. Need to be able to pass better than run anyway.

FaSho

Reaction score
He doesn't get enough carries, honestly, but that seems to be better lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Oline is not run blocking well this year for whatever reason, holes aren't there. Probably the scheme more than anything. MM's offenses have never been run heavy oriented even though he said that's what he wants to do. I don't mind the change too much really. It is 2023. Need to be able to pass better than run anyway.
I agree but I do think the run blocking has gotten better. But yeah I';m not gonna sit and watch my team fail on runs. I'd rather live and die by airing it out.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
there are 3 reason s for this no 100 etc. they are
1.jerry
2.Mike
3.shotenheimer

rags747

Reaction score
Even though I no longer watch the news this is exactly how I remember the msm news programs. Absolutely meaningless crap! Ty…