Predictions for Week 1 vs Jacksonville

CowboyMark

Reaction score
I predict Bledsoe will get hurt on the very first play of the game and in comes Romo. Romo out of nowhere endsup throwing for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns. T.O. catches 8 balls for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns. Witten and Glenn catch the other 2. Julius Jones rushes for 140 yards and a touchdown. Vanderjagt goes perfect in extra point attempts all while adding 2 more field goals of 54 and 56 yards right throught the uprights. The offensive line does not allow a single sack. The defense pitches a shutout. Ware gets 7 solo tackles and a pair of sacks. The secondary gets 3 int's including a 100 yard int return for a td by Newman. OK, OK getting a bit ahead of myself. But I still think the boys win 23-13.

aznhalf

Reaction score
Sounds about right to me. A little on the conservative side but we don't want to sound like we're homers.:laugh1:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I think this is going to be a close, low scoring game. Jac's defense is very good, especially up front. Their offense against Tampa Bay looked bad until Tampa took out their 1st string D and Jags left their 1st string O in to score 2 TDs.

I say Cowboys 17, Jags 10

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Jags go up first 14-0. Then we rally back with good defensive stops and a couple big plays to Glenn. 17-7 in 3rd quarter.

4rth quarter Bledsoe leads them to a 20-17 WIn.

By the way Vandy makes a 40 yarder.

aga11ah

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Jags 33 Boys 7

hope ur joking...

Jags scoring 33? how? lol. I dont even Jack Del Rio believes that could happen.

*My Prediction*

i think it will be a very ugly game, just like most Jaguar games are. tough to gain much on the ground for us, Julius Jones probably less than 70 yards rushing... Barber about 40 yards.

Call me crazy but I just think Terrell Owens is the real x-factor, sure all the attention will be on him but he's just TOO good for any CB on the Jags to stop him, single or double coverage. He will somehow find a way to get in the end zone. I think we'll get another touchdown, probably out of Witten. and win 17-13.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Jacksonville's O doesn't scare me much. I think that they scoe a TD and a FG

Ou r running game will struggle. but I think Jacksonville will be vulnerable via the air

Boys 20 Jax 10

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I think either Glenn or TO gets a TD, along with Witten or Barber/Jones.

That should be about 14 pts right there. We should get about 1-2 chances at a FG. 14-20 pts for Dallas.

Jacksonville's Offense isn't much, I think they'll get one TD.

That's 7 pts, with about maybe 2-3 chances at a FG. 7-16 pts for Jacksonville

It's too hard to tell, I'd say about 17-13 Dallas, but it all depends on a few things for us:

1. No turnovers in the red zone, please
2. Please make the field goal!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
boys-82
jags- -3

homer glasses off

boys-23
jags-10