Preliminary list of HOF candidates for the HOF (11 Cowboys)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The following Cowboy players or administrators have been nominated in the first 125 nominees for the 2008 HOF:

Gil Brandt (Administrator)

Charles Haley

Jim Jeffcoat

Jimmy Johnson (Coach)

Ed Too Tall Jones

Jerry Jones (Owner)

Jay Novacek

Drew Pearson

Herschel Walker

Danny White

Ernie Zampese

I think it would be a hoot if Jerry and Jimmy went in together. It would make for a funny induction ceremony. :laugh2:

adamknite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1737514 said:
The following Cowboy players or administrators have been nominated in the first 125 nominees for the 2008 HOF:

Gil Brandt (Administrator)

Charles Haley

Jim Jeffcoat

Jimmy Johnson (Coach)

Ed Too Tall Jones

Jerry Jones (Owner)

Jay Novacek

Drew Pearson

Herschel Walker

Danny White

Ernie Zampese

I think it would be a hoot if Jerry and Jimmy went in together. It would make for a funny induction ceremony. :laugh2:

I think the highlight people belong in the hall. I'm kinda torn on Jimmy because he didn't coach very long but still 2 super bowls.... you can't deny his success.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Add four more part-Cowboys:

Harold Carmichael

Ray Childress

Randall Cunningham

Bucko Kilroy (scout)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
adamknite;1737516 said:
I think the highlight people belong in the hall. I'm kinda torn on Jimmy because he didn't coach very long but still 2 super bowls.... you can't deny his success.

I agree with your picks but I would add Gil Brandt to that mix as well. He was so instrumental in building the Cowboys and getting the very best players. He was the one to implement the small school searches that got us guys like Drew Pearson. Plus what he contributes now to the NFL as well as an analyst.

adamknite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1737523 said:
I agree with your picks but I would add Gil Brandt to that mix as well. He was so instrumental in building the Cowboys and getting the very best players. He was the one to implement the small school searches that got us guys like Drew Pearson. Plus what he contributes now to the NFL as well as an analyst.

Did I not highlight Brandt?

Edit: well crap... I meant to... :banghead:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1737520 said:
Add four more part-Cowboys:

Harold Carmichael

Ray Childress

Randall Cunningham

Bucko Kilroy (scout)

He was a good DT for the Oilers, but he earns demerits for those scary Lawrence Marshall car commercials.

burmafrd

Reaction score
To be totally Honest, Haley and Brandt are the most clear candidates.
Jerrah will go in someday without a doubt. Jimmy is more problematical.
He did win 2 SB, but he noticeably did not do as well with Miami.

canters

Reaction score
Jimmy will have to wait, IMO. Two wins should be enough, but that 62-17 loss to the Jags in the playoffs must still be in most folks' minds.

I doubt we get anyone in this time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gil, Haley and Drew are the only serious canidates and I doubt any of them make it.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Brandt and Pearson. I love Jeffcoat, but he'll have his chance again next year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyfreak;1737742 said:
How about Larry Allen????

First he has to retire. Then he has to be retired for at least 5 years before he is put on the HOF list.

Wimbo

Reaction score
You have to consider Hershel... if you add his New Jersey Generals career (which the Pro Football HOF does take into account) he ranks in the top 5 for career TD's. He would also be top-10 in yardage. The only thing he doesn't have going for him is that he never played on a good football team in the NFL during his prime years.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I don't think Jimmy Johnson is a HoFer. Jerry without question will go one day. Gil I think will make it one day also.

morieeel

Reaction score
Wimbo;1737879 said:
You have to consider Hershel... if you add his New Jersey Generals career (which the Pro Football HOF does take into account) he ranks in the top 5 for career TD's. He would also be top-10 in yardage. The only thing he doesn't have going for him is that he never played on a good football team in the NFL during his prime years.

Plus being the main ingredient in the best trade ever...