Prescott to Raiders?

Sully

Reaction score
https://fanrecap.com/trade-shocker-...l2OHy-DyqfdBCaz0A9RufmMw8bIgOFCtvNq79dEXtvipE

I am one who is tired of endless players always linked to Dallas. Jones make moves as often as a linear eclipse

And with this post, knowing it is more crap, I wish this is the mindset this franchise would do. Why?
Flash back when the franchise was 1-15 and Jimmy's 1st season walking the sideline. What move did this franchise do?
***** Traded away the BEST asset which was Hershel Walker and got a boatload of draft picks plus a few players *****

Right out-- NO, Dallas will not get anything close to this. But let's look at a trade that went down in 2012

Rams traded away their draft pick to the Commanders whom took Robert Griffin III.
Rams got (3) 1st rd picks plus a 2nd rd pick in 2012

Sure, you have to have two teams wanting the same thing. The Cowboys have been stuck with this same mindset for the past 20 years.
And now they are suck in paying high contracts to players and not getting any return when it comes to the playoffs.
in 1989-- the franchise thought "outside the box" and traded away Walker. This set the stage for there Teams of the 90s

Many of us like #4 Prescott. Nothing against the person but it hasn't worked out and now this team is in salary cap headache.
Team lost so many starters that they don't even have even draft picks to fill their holes. And if this team has a draft like 2023, this team will be drafting in the Top 10 and that is with Dak, Parsons and Lamb. Note: there is not a single player, on this team, with the 2018 draft.
So this myth, that the Cowboys draft has been superb is humerous.
So then you say, trade away players for draft picks and then draft poorly? I agree but it hasn't worked for 20 years and even if this team struggles with draft selections, they do get lucky here and there Example: Lamb/Parsons/Bland/Diggs ~~~ more importantly, trading away
a Prescott and even Parsons, for multiple drafts picks to reload for the future, allows salary cap space.

And from here on out, I wouldn't play numerous players record breaking contracts. I trade them away a season early to keep loading up draft picks and keeping a steady line of youthful players. Lowering cap space and more depth. This will minimize The Jones shopping at Dollar General to fill holes for depth after losing players chasing the bigger contracts. Then when ( or if) this team is "getting close", they have the cap space to sign or trade for a player or two. As this team did with Charles Haley / Deion Sanders

OK ~ criticize to your hearts content.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Rams have a great front office and one of the best coaches In football. We don’t. Building a champion takes a skill that this front office does not have. I would trade every asset that we have if I thought these guys could build a serious contender. But they always go 1/2 way. Might draft well, but they don’t take chances in FA and that just won’t do. On top of that the coaching has been less than stellar.

rambo2

Reaction score
Rams have a great front office and one of the best coaches In football. We don’t. Building a champion takes a skill that this front office does not have. I would trade every asset that we have if I thought these guys could build a serious contender. But they always go 1/2 way. Might draft well, but they don’t take chances in FA and that just won’t do. On top of that the coaching has been less than stellar.
McCarthy is a good coach.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
https://fanrecap.com/trade-shocker-...l2OHy-DyqfdBCaz0A9RufmMw8bIgOFCtvNq79dEXtvipE

I am one who is tired of endless players always linked to Dallas. Jones make moves as often as a linear eclipse

And with this post, knowing it is more crap, I wish this is the mindset this franchise would do. Why?
Flash back when the franchise was 1-15 and Jimmy's 1st season walking the sideline. What move did this franchise do?
***** Traded away the BEST asset which was Hershel Walker and got a boatload of draft picks plus a few players *****

Right out-- NO, Dallas will not get anything close to this. But let's look at a trade that went down in 2012

Rams traded away their draft pick to the Commanders whom took Robert Griffin III.
Rams got (3) 1st rd picks plus a 2nd rd pick in 2012

Sure, you have to have two teams wanting the same thing. The Cowboys have been stuck with this same mindset for the past 20 years.
And now they are suck in paying high contracts to players and not getting any return when it comes to the playoffs.
in 1989-- the franchise thought "outside the box" and traded away Walker. This set the stage for there Teams of the 90s

Many of us like #4 Prescott. Nothing against the person but it hasn't worked out and now this team is in salary cap headache.
Team lost so many starters that they don't even have even draft picks to fill their holes. And if this team has a draft like 2023, this team will be drafting in the Top 10 and that is with Dak, Parsons and Lamb. Note: there is not a single player, on this team, with the 2018 draft.
So this myth, that the Cowboys draft has been superb is humerous.
So then you say, trade away players for draft picks and then draft poorly? I agree but it hasn't worked for 20 years and even if this team struggles with draft selections, they do get lucky here and there Example: Lamb/Parsons/Bland/Diggs ~~~ more importantly, trading away
a Prescott and even Parsons, for multiple drafts picks to reload for the future, allows salary cap space.

And from here on out, I wouldn't play numerous players record breaking contracts. I trade them away a season early to keep loading up draft picks and keeping a steady line of youthful players. Lowering cap space and more depth. This will minimize The Jones shopping at Dollar General to fill holes for depth after losing players chasing the bigger contracts. Then when ( or if) this team is "getting close", they have the cap space to sign or trade for a player or two. As this team did with Charles Haley / Deion Sanders

OK ~ criticize to your hearts content.
I seriously doubt you would get more than a 4th for Prescott. No one wants a one year rental for that price

Flamma

Reaction score
There's nothing to criticize. The only thing I'd say is, I don't believe they shop at dollar general due to cap space or big contracts. It's their standard operating procedure since 2013.