Preseason Week 1 @ Arizona

StevenOtero

Reaction score
gameday_cowboys.gif
gameday_cardinals.gif

Cardinals Head Coach: Dennis Green
Series Record: Cowboys lead series 53-28-1
Last Time: @ Cowboys 24, Cardinals 7 (Oct. 5, 2003)
Last Cowboys Win: @ Cowboys 24, Cardinals 7 (Oct. 5, 2003)
Cardinals In 2004: 6-10; Third Place NFC West
Key Additions: QB Kurt Warner, S Robert Griffith, OL Oliver Ross, CB Antrel Rolle
Key Losses: RB Emmitt Smith, CB Duane Starks, TE Freddie Jones

2004 STATISTICAL LEADERS

QB Josh McCown
233 of 408, 2,511 yards, 57.1%, 11 TDs, 10 INTs, 74.1 QB Rating
RB Emmitt Smith
267 carries, 937 yards, 9 TDs
WR Larry Fitzgerald
58 catches, 780 yards, 8 TDs

MEMORY LANE Troy Aikman endured a tough rookie season, missing five games with a broken finger and unable to win any of the games he did play. But when the future winner of three Super Bowls torched the then-Phoenix Cardinals with a single-game rookie passing record 379 yards, he seemed to display all the qualities that compelled the Cowboys to spend the top pick in the 1989 draft on the former UCLA quarterback. The Cowboys may have lost that game, 24-20, at Sun Devil Stadium on Nov. 12, 1989, but Aikman flashed what was to come during his career. The rookie quarterback, in his first start in six weeks, vaulted the Cowboys into the lead in the final minutes with a electrifying 75-yard touchdown pass to James Dixon only to have the Cardinals counter with a game-winning 72-yard touchdown pass on the next possession. In fact, Aikman suffered his first NFL concussion on that pass play and was unable to take the field for the team's final possession.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really do not care if we win, lose or draw. Therefore I can not vote in your poll. There are some things we need to find out about our team before the season starts. I'll be happy if we find out the answers to those questions. But the most important thing is to come out of all these preseason games healthy.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'm interested in watching Rogers vs. Okeafor. I care about that matchup more than the score.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Yeah , it is just preseason. I just wanna see our boys ready for the regular season.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
if our 1st team offense can score once and our 1st team defense keeps theirs
from scoring and...nobody gets hurt then i call it a win no matter what
the final score is in a preseason game.

Reaction score
I said we'd win, but being the 1st preseason game, it's more about getting answers & finding out what works than winning the game.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
A win. We have more depth and better quality backing up our starters.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Start polling once the regular season begins. Preseason champs typically fail once the real games start.

lspain1

Reaction score
poke said:
if our 1st team offense can score once and our 1st team defense keeps theirs
from scoring and...nobody gets hurt then i call it a win no matter what
the final score is in a preseason game.

Poke, I would normally agree with you but this thinking is incorrect for this preseason. Running the 3-4 for the first team defense at full speed is important this year. It's not the same old thing. We might see the first team defense on the field longer particularly with the rookies.

Also, the Henson vs Romo thing is important. We need to see at least one of these guys step it up this preseason. Like you said, the score isn't important, but these games matter this year!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I voted win - BP always plays to win in the pre-season, so it's a good bet for you betting degenerates out there. :)

jsond

Reaction score
dont really care. Just the usual cliches: no injuries and hope the players, especially the ones that I am most interested in seeing (Jacob Rodgers, Ware, Spears, Gurode, Henson, Crayton etc.) look good in their individual matchups. Considering we will be playing alot of 3-4 w/ inexperienced players there may be some blown assignments. Not to mention in Parcells 1st coached game with us we got beat by the cardinals 2 yrs ago..a shutout too if i remember right. I sure was concerned but it was funny how many fans were jumping off roofs ready to proclaim the year a total waste after that game.