Pretty good book on the 3-4...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Just got it from Amazon this week.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-4618112-9011816?v=glance&s=books

Not a casual read. Its ring bound, and formated and worded like a playbook. 230 pages. Its really meant as a resourcce for high school coaches who want to implement the defense. Not a lot of verbage. Each different formation of the 3-4 comes with a X's and O's diagram and a chart of where each man in the formation should line up and what his responsibilities are on either a running play towards him, a running play away from him or a passing play. Has seperate chapters devoted to fronts, stunts, blitzes, goal line and coverages. Comes with a glossary of jargon (example: Force - Outside-in responsibilities on the football, immediate up field pressure from secondary or linebackers on run plays). Goes on to list, diagram and explain drills for practice and keys to focus on

Reaction score
I am too old and set in my ways to read a book like that. I watch football because I love it.......not because I want to coach it. Sorry but thanks for the tip anyway......lots of guys and gals who use this link to express their thoughts on the Cowboys will probably love the book! :D

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Just got it from Amazon this week.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/103-4618112-9011816?v=glance&s=books

Not a casual read. Its ring bound, and formated and worded like a playbook. 230 pages. Its really meant as a resourcce for high school coaches who want to implement the defense. Not a lot of verbage. Each different formation of the 3-4 comes with a X's and O's diagram and a chart of where each man in the formation should line up and what his responsibilities are on either a running play towards him, a running play away from him or a passing play. Has seperate chapters devoted to fronts, stunts, blitzes, goal line and coverages. Comes with a glossary of jargon (example: Force - Outside-in responsibilities on the football, immediate up field pressure from secondary or linebackers on run plays). Goes on to list, diagram and explain drills for practice and keys to focus on

Is this one of the books Zimmer picked up in the offseason? :D