Price of Winning

DBOY3141

Reaction score
FA is less than a week old and we have seen our fair share of losses. Those losses total about 80m in FA contracts.

However, the biggest loss is yet to come. If Dallas has another winning season which I think they will. Will McClay will be offered a GM job next year. Who is up next to replace him?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a good sign when other teams want your players and staff. The mountain gets steeper nearer the top.

Gotta build a staff that can draft and develop. That's the only way to get where we want to go.

As for McClay, I guess we'll see what happens. Not every personnel guy necessarily wants the GM role. Perhaps money and team success will be enough to keep him around.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FA is less than a week old and we have seen our fair share of losses. Those losses total about 80m in FA contracts.

However, the biggest loss is yet to come. If Dallas has another winning season which I think they will. Will McClay will be offered a GM job next year. Who is up next to replace him?

These is no salary cap on non-players. Would he leave for a title if Jerry matches the money?

He probably has far more job security with the Cowboys than he would if hired as a GM somewhere.

I think the only times that the Cowboys have fired people involved in scouting was when Parcells and Jimmy were here.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
These is no salary cap on non-players. Would he leave for a title if Jerry matches the money?

He probably has far more job security with the Cowboys than he would if hired as a GM somewhere.

I think the only times that the Cowboys have fired people involved in scouting was when Parcells and Jimmy were here.

I think he would. I'm sure in his line of work the ultimate goal is to be a GM. Money is not always the answer.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that machine they were going to use to hook up JJ's 40 year old brain too, when the time comes. Maybe they should kidnap McClay and hook his up to it instead....:laugh:

cej757

Reaction score

Bryan Broaddus still gets upset by the way Parcells fired him.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Of the Cowboys you mean?

Yep - we are long overdue for an African American officially named in our front office and on our coaching staff for that matter.

But I think Mcclay gets the job because he's great not because of anything else.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

People worried about who would replace Jeff Ireland. And ... how did that turn out?

Jerry Jones has enough money to keep McClay if he wants. Who says McClay wants a GM job anyway? Maybe he is happy doing what he does here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he would. I'm sure in his line of work the ultimate goal is to be a GM. Money is not always the answer.

He is already doing what most GM do. He is over the scouting and Pro Personnel. His boss is the owner.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well that machine they were going to use to hook up JJ's 40 year old brain too, when the time comes. Maybe they should kidnap McClay and hook his up to it instead....:laugh:

Whisperer+in+Darkness2.jpg

You will never get rid of Jerry Overlord Jones!!!!
This pic was taken from the Cowboys Warroom in 2113.
I don't know why they decided to take colors away in the future...