Princess Kate being treated for cancer

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This explains why she was looking very thin and then disappeared from public life for a while. Yikes, that's rough. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Maybe with some quality treatment she can put that into remission. She's only 42. Cancer has taken people I know, including my best friend from grade school in 2020, and an ex girlfriend. I really hate cancer. I know it's not a person, but I can't help but hate it when it keeps taking people I know. I don't know Princess Kate personally, but I don't want her to have it either.

Creeper

Reaction score
This explains why she was looking very thin and then disappeared from public life for a while. Yikes, that's rough. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Maybe with some quality treatment she can put that into remission. She's only 42. Cancer has taken people I know, including my best friend from grade school in 2020, and an ex girlfriend. I really hate cancer. I know it's not a person, but I can't help but hate it when it keeps taking people I know. I don't know Princess Kate personally, but I don't want her to have it either.
One thing she said that makes me optimistic for her, she said the chemo was preventative. I hope this means they don't think the cancer spread.

1942willys

Reaction score
One thing she said that makes me optimistic for her, she said the chemo was preventative. I hope this means they don't think the cancer spread.
yeah, they found some but that was all; not great but not terrible either.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We lost Couchcoach to it, and there are several other members dealing with their own. I lost my best friend and his wife to it. Cancer sucks.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has no idea who Princess Kate is?
She's Kate Middleton, wife of Prince William, son of King Charles III. William is the heir to the throne, so he'll become King when Charles passes. In other words, Princess Kate is heir to become Queen Consort. Therefore, in Great Britain it's a big deal that she's ill.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Am I the only one who has no idea who Princess Kate is?
ZuaCVXZ.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I guess if one pretty much ignores the news and all the social media....

which is not exactly a bad thing to do, by the way
LOL I do watch, listen and read plenty of news. I guess I just tune out when it's royal family talk.

I know who Megan Markle and her husband are, as well as Princess Di, but only because they've been pushed in my face non-stop.

Where's that thread "Things I learned today." Thanks to Rev, I now know who the Queen heir is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well, the good news is. Cancer treatment is getting better and better at a rapid pace. It’s light years ahead of where it was years ago and the pace at which it is improving is also speeding up.

So, hopefully she will be just fine in the long run.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
LOL I do watch, listen and read plenty of news. I guess I just tune out when it's royal family talk.

I know who Megan Markle and her husband are, as well as Princess Di, but only because they've been pushed in my face non-stop.

Where's that thread "Things I learned today." Thanks to Rev, I now know who the Queen heir is.
A clarification: Princess Kate is not heir to become reigning queen like Elizabeth II was. She's heir to become queen consort, which is a non-ruling queen, in other words, the wife of the king. It would be the same role that Camilla is now. She's also only heir to that via her marriage to William. If they divorced, or if he died before becoming king, she would not assume that role.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A clarification: Princess Kate is not heir to become reigning queen like Elizabeth II was. She's heir to become queen consort, which is a non-ruling queen, in other words, the wife of the king. It would be the same role that Camilla is now. She's also only heir to that via her marriage to William. If they divorced, or if he died before becoming king, she would not assume that role.
To be honest.
The King is pretty much a “non-ruling King” as well.

The British Monarchs have next to no power, and it’s pretty much all for show and a waste of money.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
To be honest.

The British Monarchs have next to no power, and it’s pretty much all for show and a waste of money.
Not completely. The reigning king or queen has the power to dissolve parliament and demand new elections. Queen Elizabeth II never exercised that power, even though she could have. She usually didn't interfere with the prime minister or parliament. In the 80s, there was a time when people thought that she might. She had a disagreement with Prime Minister Thatcher about a foreign policy issue, which I won't explain because it would get us into politics. But you can look it up if you want. It was about foreign policy toward South Africa. People speculated that the Queen might dissolve parliament in order to throw Thatcher out of power. In the end, she did not do that, but she did have the legal power to do so. The king or queen could also veto laws (thought they don't call it a "veto") passed by parliament, though QE2 also never did that, preferring not to interfere. But the power is still legally there, though it's unlikely that King Charles would do that. I have wondered if they've kept that power in place just in case their government did something outrageous, and so the ruling monarch could block the passage of a really bad law and dissolve parliament, demanding new elections.

1942willys

Reaction score
To be honest.

As someone that lived in England for several years, I can tell you truly do not know what you are talking about.

1942willys

Reaction score
I can’t argue with that. You’ve convinced me.
easier than I thought it would be
one must remember that power comes in many forms; there is the overt type as regards actual legal authority; which the Monarch actually has a fair amount if you research it
Then there is the power of the person and Elizabeth had a LOT. Built up over the decades.
Now Charles has nowhere near it and never will; he was never all that respected at the best of times.
It is possible that the monarchy could truly begin to fade under him. If he really cared he would abdicate for William immediately but I do not see that happening