Priority Vets

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
After the rush of this new draft class, which vet should Dallas resign first to a long term contract? What do you think it will cost the Boys to buy Jason for years to come. Are there any contracts that you think will be asked to be reworked and reduced?

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
ALL 3 AT THE SAME TIME: ROY, WITTEN, and NEWMAN.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I think Terrence Newman needs to be the #1 priority.

Then Witten followed by Roy Williams and Bradie James.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Newman has at least 2 years left on his deal. Roy and Witten are the top priorities.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
After the rush of this new draft class, which vet should Dallas resign first to a long term contract? What do you think it will cost the Boys to buy Jason for years to come. Are there any contracts that you think will be asked to be reworked and reduced?

There's a simple ANSWER to this question....Drew Bledsoe.

JJ and the front office are absolute fools if they don't redo Bledsoe deal this summer and lock him up for the rest of his career....

~The Answer

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any player who is a free agent after this season.

Avoid the drama next off season.

Reaction score
No way.. Bledsoe should not be our number 1 priroity...Roy williams and Witten should be 1..

Bledsoe is overrated and EVERY year of his career he gets worse in the 2nd half of the season( not just this year when we hd injuries), he cant move, his accuracy isnt good throwin passes across the middle, he holds the ball too long, doesnt see the field great-- And hes not getting any younger! Ill admit hes prolly gonna be our best option for the next 3 years or so unfortunatley

sago1

Reaction score
Understand Witten is our first priority and Cowboys expect sign him to long contract before the end of TC--actually I'm hoping he's signed even before TC begins. The 2nd priortity will be Roy Williams. From what I've read, Cowboys will wait til the end of the season but before FA begins to resign Bradie James cause they want to see another good/even better performance by James in his 2nd year as a starter. I also bet they want to see how well Kevin Burnett plays this year and, while I expect him to play behind Ware this year, whether he's a better outside of inside LB.