News: Prisco: After Further Review: 4-3 Scheme has helped Hatcher and Tyron Smith blurb

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
• The move to a 4-3 scheme has really helped Hatcher. He has been a solid player for the Cowboys, underrated in fact, the past couple of seasons, but he has emerged a potential Pro Bowl player inside in the new 4-3 defense. Hatcher was solid as a 3-4 end, but he's much better as a 4-3 tackle. He is quick, strong and tough to block. I noticed him a lot against the Chiefs, but he was even better against the Rams. Hatcher had a sack on a play where he overpowered left guard Chris Williams and knocked him on his butt as he sacked Sam Bradford.

• One of the things I wanted to watch last week was how Cowboys left tackle Tyron Smith did against Rams defensive end Robert Quinn. I would say Smith won the battle. He held Quinn without a sack and did a solid job in the run game. Quinn, who might be the most explosive edge down end in the league right now, did do some good things like when he got under Smith on a run play late and dropped Phillip Tanner for a 4-yard loss. For the most part, I say Smith won the day, which isn't easy to do against Quinn.

More: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...an-the-scapegoat-for-bucs-uninspired-offense-

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Prisco said Quinn is the best defensive player in the league last week before the game. Seems like stretch.

Hatcher is going to be lining up across from a poor journeyman Sunday in ohrnberger.

reddyuta

Reaction score
But I read tyron is our worst lineman,not sure I believe Prisco.