Pro Bowl QBs?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
How do Tony Romo and Philip Rivers NOT make the Pro Bowl?

They have consistently been in the top-5 rated passers all season and are currently the top 2 rated QBs.

They went with Eli and Favre instead which is a complete joke IMO. They are 15 & 16 right now and don't deserve to be selected.

They went with Eli because his team is the defending SB champs and they are leading the NFC but that is mostly due to their running game and defense, NOT to him.

Favre is a sentimental choice by all the mediots who have their heads up his keaster.

I realize that it is not based solely on passer ratings but both Romo and Rivers have been outstanding this season. Rivers is having an amazing year even with LT not playing well. We are 8-3 with Romo at QB.

Stupid PB voters!

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
The writers didn't even mention Romo of their 3 selections. But the writers liked Flozell and he didn't make it either. Go figure.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I'd say the Pittsburgh game kept Romo out. If he had come up big in the 4th qtr there, he'd not only be a pro bowler, he'd be one of the favorites for MVP.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
George;2500236 said:
The writers didn't even mention Romo of their 3 selections. But the writers liked Flozell and he didn't make it either. Go figure.

The writers don't have a vote. It is 1/3 fans, players, & coaches.

I wish the writers didn't have a vote in the HoF! :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
It's no biggy. He's been there the last two years and even Aikman didn't make it every year of his career.

Romo can trade the Pro Bowl jersey this year for a big time ring.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2500242 said:
I'd say the Pittsburgh game kept Romo out. If he had come up big in the 4th qtr there, he'd not only be a pro bowler, he'd be one of the favorites for MVP.

You are probably right about that. It certainly didn't help his chances any did it.

robjgrif

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2500250 said:
It's no biggy. He's been there the last two years and even Aikman didn't make it every year of his career.

Romo can trade the Pro Bowl jersey this year for a big time ring.
:hammer:

playboidolla

Reaction score
I think the same thing happened to Romo that happened to Bledsoe a couple years ago.....when Bledsoe had that awful nationally televised game against Washington cost him a spot in the pro bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NFC Starting Offense

Quarterback Kurt Warner, Arizona
Running back Adrian Peterson, Minnesota
Fullback Mike Sellers, Washington
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
Anquan Boldin, Arizona
Tight end Jason Witten, Dallas
Tackle Jordan Gross, Carolina
Walter Jones, Seattle
Guard Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota
Chris Snee, New York Giants
Center Andre Gurode, Dallas

robjgrif

Reaction score
Maybe Rivers' mouth kept him out of the Pro Bowl???? Or is it his team loosing record????

Givincer

Reaction score
playboidolla;2500263 said:
I think the same thing happened to Romo that happened to Bledsoe a couple years ago.....when Bledsoe had that awful nationally televised game against Washington cost him a spot in the pro bowl.

At least Eli's stats aren't quite as bad as Vick's were. :laugh2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Eli and Favre both play in NY. I mentioned this a bit earlier, in another thread, there both East Coast QBs with a huge fan base that votes for them. Romo and Rivers are both out west. Do the math.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Romo is our man, but it hasn't been one of his finest runs. He struggled right along with the team early, was injured for 3 games...I didn't expect him to make it. Hard to argue with the 3 that did...Eli is sort of rewarded for having a great run to end last season, I think.

I will say this: On Sunday, Eli threw 2-3 passes that were perfect...perfect completions with defenders hanging on the receivers and swatting at the ball. Those passes were better than anything I've seen Tony throw all season.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I think too much voting went on while he was injured.........he didnt look good against Cards,........then missing 4 weeks..........then the bad game at Pitt........sealed his fate.........oh well we know he deserves it.........thats why i think voting should be done at end of season instead of the middle.........if everyone could re vote............Manning wouldnt be in and Romo would IMO