Props to Hudson Houck

khiladi

Reaction score
Nuff' said, especially after all the railing on him last year... He's the one making it work, because that OL is flat-out crushing people...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
How about props to Kyle Kosier. This Oline is *SO* much different with him in there. He is w/o a doubt the most underrated guy on the team.

dback

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2980047 said:
How about props to Kyle Kosier. This Oline is *SO* much different with him in there. He is w/o a doubt the most underrated guy on the team.

Kosier has been a really solid player since we signed him. He has been exceptional this year, I hope he stays healthy.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2980047 said:

Amen. So many, myself included, thought that Kyle was the weak link on the offensive line. Crow tastes gooooooood for once, beak, feathers and all.

This line is on a whole new level with Kosier in there. I can only wonder what might have been last season had he played the full year. :(

burmafrd

Reaction score
Still seeing nothing from the young guys so until Houck does something there he is still on probation with me.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2979997 said:
Nuff' said, especially after all the railing on him last year... He's the one making it work, because that OL is flat-out crushing people...

Oh yeah. :D They are definitely leaning on folks lol. They are playing great together and minus the penalties MNF I'm loving it.

PLEASE STAY HEALTHY :pray: OR AT LEAST FIND PROCTOR'S REPLACEMENT

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DMN Blog

Giving praise to Hudson Houck
9:17 AM Wed, Sep 30, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

At one point in the off-season owner and general mangager Jerry Jones made an interesting point about the offensive line play from 2008, saying it took time for the unit to get used to what line coach Hudson Houck wanted.

For Flozell Adams, Marc Colombo and Andre Gurode, they had three years of nothing but Sparano. For Kyle Kosier, it was two years. For Leonard Davis it was one. I think there was something to that theory floated by Jones. (Yes, I know Adams played three years under Houck but that was a long time ago.)

Three games into the second year with Houck, the line is playing better.

"Coaching, there are a lot of ways to do it, but I think they believe in what Hud is trying to get them to do," coach Wade Phillips said. "We put an emphasis on [running the ball] and I think that helped. Team-wise I think they felt like we were going to run the football and try to establish the running game and Hud is certainly a big part of that. Some of the plays we run are because of Hud. He's pretty good. He's got a little experience and with big offensive lines, he knows what plays to run with those guys."

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry