Props to KLBK Lubbock

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Even though the national media is going to spin that they somehow broke this story we here at the zone should remember and give props to the small station in Lubbock Texas that broke the biggest NFL story of the offseason. The story everyone wanted and they got scooped.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Even though the national media is going to spin that they somehow broke this story we here at the zone should remember and ive props to the small station in Lubbock Texas that broke the biggest NFL story of the offseason. The story everyone wanted and they got scooped.

And they even beat ProFootballTurd to the punch ;)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Good point. They did a great job on this story.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
That Just Shows Yall What My Little Hometown Lubbock Texas Is About Hear In Lubbock Texas We Support The Cowboys Like If They Were Are Hometown Team Although We About 6 Hours Away From Dallas The Dallas Cowboys Are Very Supported By Lubbock Texas Got To Remeber That Boby Knight Lives And Coaches Hear And Rember Bill Parcells And Boby Knight Are Very Close Friends I Wouldnt Doubt If Parcells Gave Word To Bob Knight And Boby Knight Gave Word To News Channel 13 Somthing To Think About Any Ways Im Glad It Happend

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
They initially got bashed but at the end of the day they deserve major props for being ahead of the mainstream curve.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Quote (paraphrased) of the day (won't say from who on this forum:) ): "Why in the hell would a station in Lubbock know anything about this...")

Guess they're serving up some hot crow for all the "insiders" like ESPN, etc.

doomsday81

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Even though the national media is going to spin that they somehow broke this story we here at the zone should remember and give props to the small station in Lubbock Texas that broke the biggest NFL story of the offseason. The story everyone wanted and they got scooped.

You are exactley right and so many people here doubted their report. They were the ones that got the story but I'm sure ESPN will be credited somehow. Them and Roy at The Ranch will say he reported it two months ago.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd like to give props to Bigtex too for breaking it and taking a beating for it.

Skip

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
How'd they do that?

Maybe it had to do with Bobby Knight being around that town, but I have no real hard info on that. Just a guess!

But no matter they were first! :bow:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'd like to give props to Bigtex too for breaking it and taking a beating for it.

I read through the endless pages of posts bashing BigTex just a few days ago and my eyes tired at about page 7. MAJOR props to you BigTex. :thumbup:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skip said:
Maybe it had to do with Bobby Knight being around that town, but I have no real hard info on that. Just a guess!

But no matter they were first! :bow:
Well, Bobby and Jerry are friends you know. ;)

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:

You're right. At first I laughed when they broke it. But you got to hand it to those hillbillys down there. They nailed it.