Props to the Defense, Wade, and the O-Line

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Outside of their first quarter TD, Washington's offense was held in check. They made plays when they had to (Two 3rd down sacks, Two pass breakups on 3rd down and one on 4th down, Newman's INT inside the 30), hit Campbell relentlessly, and bottled up the run well. Washington was held to only 228 yards of total offense.

Phillips made a ballsy call late in the game that I didnt think he was capable of making. Kudos to him (still think he needs to be fired at seasons end regardless of this year's outcome).

Finally, the O-line was amazing. Kosier made all the difference in the world. Romo wasnt touched and Barber averaged 5.4 yards per carry. They dominated the 4th quarter.

All in all, great, season saving win. This game should not have been this close, though. Dallas had two drives end inside the 25 yard that would have resulted in at least 6 points.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2423802 said:
Outside of their first quarter TD, Washington's offense was held in check. They made plays when they had to (Two 3rd down sacks, Two pass breakups on 3rd down and one on 4th down, Newman's INT inside the 30), hit Campbell relentlessly, and bottled up the run well. Washington was held to only 228 yards of total offense.

Phillips made a ballsy call late in the game that I didnt think he was capable of making. Kudos to him (still think he needs to be fired at seasons end regardless of this year's outcome).

Finally, the O-line was amazing. Kosier made all the difference in the world. Romo wasnt touched and Barber averaged 5.4 yards per carry. They dominated the 4th quarter.

All in all, great, season saving win. This game should not have been this close, though. Dallas had two drives end inside the 25 yard that would have resulted in at least 6 points.

The oline is what caused us to stall on several drives with some bone head penalties so I wood say they played well not great

sbark

Reaction score
1 game..........gotta string a bunch together and peak in late Dec

As madden said....Flo simply should be able to concentrate & avoid penalites

virtually every game from here to end is a wildcard playoff game.....ie sudden death

I hope some will give Kosier some props........did romo get abused as he did in Ariz 4 weeks ago.......1 marginal holding call---

Oline contolled LOS........gave Barber lanes....skins were playing LB's to take away Jason, but gave up corner to MBIII......think what Felix wouldve done

It was a must win game.......Oline stepped up, D stepped up enough, played hard, T NEw came back to "ball"....

Now is the time for a little positive stuff on the boards.....good cop, bad cop

i

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Barbers is a bad man, Newman is a baller, Romo played the bus driver roll well.....But hte oline playing amazing?

That OLine is mentally challanged...Way to many meal mistakes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Funny how a defense looks much better when they get a top 5 corner back and don't have turnovers forcing them deep in their own territory multiple times in one half.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2424208 said:
Funny how a defense looks much better when they get a top 5 corner back and don't have turnovers forcing them deep in their own territory multiple times in one half.

and play aggressive on the outside, ie man coverage, only way to tighten up the middle of the field is to not give the WRs all the space to run around in

that man-coverage and blitz on 4th down was ballsy, mad props to Wade

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424220 said:
and play aggressive

that man-coverage and blitz on 4th down was ballsy, mad props to Wade
I think that's part of getting a top 5 corner back.

Mansta54

Reaction score
theogt;2424208 said:

And when they aren't on the field for 40mins... Romo makes a HUGE difference...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2424229 said:
I think that's part of getting a top 5 corner back.

it is, but what good is he if he has to give up a huge cushion

he shut down Moss because he was in his grill all night long

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
The D-fense played alot of PRESS COVERAGE, that was good to see. I think that threw the Skins for a loop. D-fense played hard...although i am starting to think Bradie is just too damn slow.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
I'll add one: Props to Bum Phillips for telling Wade they should run more toss plays and attack the edges! Man I was happy not to see us running the draw exclusively tonight!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
theogt;2424208 said:
Amazing, huh?

BadKarma

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;2424245 said:
The D-fense played alot of PRESS COVERAGE, that was good to see. I think that threw the Skins for a loop. D-fense played hard...although i am starting to think Bradie is just too damn slow.

Bradie James is too slow and probably not the ideal LB on 3rd down and long. But I don't know who could replace him at this point of the season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BadKarma;2424327 said:
Bradie James is too slow and probably not the ideal LB on 3rd down and long. But I don't know would be replacing him at this point of the season.
We always replace him on 3rd and long.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BadKarma;2424327 said:
Bradie James is too slow and probably not the ideal LB on 3rd down and long. But I don't know would be replacing him at this point of the season.

what pissed me off was the Cooley 1st down earlier in the game

Ware and somebody else were chasing the QB, and Bradie followed suit, so Campbell just dumped the ball off to Cooley for a 1st, that was the 2nd time that play happened during the game, but Bradie, the QB of the D didn't see it

the guy is dumb, and if the runner isn't coming straight at him w/in 5 yards, Bradie isn't getting him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2424358 said:
what pissed me off was the Cooley 1st down earlier in the game

Ware and somebody else were chasing the QB, and Bradie followed suit, so Campbell just dumped the ball off to Cooley for a 1st, that was the 2nd time that play happened during the game, but Bradie, the QB of the D didn't see it

the guy is dumb, and if the runner isn't coming straight at him w/in 5 yards, Bradie isn't getting him
Dude, that's just ********. He has his deficiencies, but he's great against the run all over the field.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2424371 said:
Dude, that's just ********. He has his deficiencies, but he's great against the run all over the field.

no, he's not, if he has to change direction to make the tackle, it's over