Pssst. Guess which QB will be available next year

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And I mean as a backup when Bledsoe leaves. A proven commodity and perhaps misused in Houston as to his long-ball capabilities.

David Carr. A good QB to have in reserve.

My question is, anybody know of any teams that might guarantee him a start?
If none, I could see Jerra throwing some cash at him to stay in Texas as a backup in America's team.

We really have no depth at QB after this year. Might as well go after a high-profile QB that has struggled this year but has the skills and athleticism.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1255679 said:

He fits the Raider profile to a "T".

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
if by pssst you thought you were secretly letting us know something we didn't you are wrong. I would love to see carr here as a backup he got a crap deal down in houston, and is gonna end up being a victim of his teams failure. Don't think it will happen but I would love for it to.

Reaction score
He wont be a backup...

If he does then he sill go to a place that he feels he will have a chance...

Minnnesota, Detroit (Quinn pending), Raiders, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Skins...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1255679 said:
And I mean as a backup when Bledsoe leaves. A proven commodity and perhaps misused in Houston as to his long-ball capabilities.

David Carr. A good QB to have in reserve.

If none, I could see Jerra throwing some cash at him to stay in Texas as a backup in America's team.

We really have no depth at QB after this year. Might as well go after a high-profile QB that has struggled this year but has the skills and athleticism.

Hell no. David Carr is NOT GOOD. Not good at all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Alexander;1255680 said:
He fits the Raider profile to a "T".

Yep, that youngster would have at least 3 teams after him.

Gonna be intriguing which direction Parcells goes. No way a rookie as backup. So it will have to be FA.

Anybody have a list of unrestricteds for next year?

romo4pres

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1255696 said:
Yep, that youngster would have at least 3 teams after him.

Gonna be intriguing which direction Parcells goes. No way a rookie as backup. So it will have to be FA.

Anybody have a list of unrestricteds for next year?
drew brees is available. hes on a one year deal at the moment

twa

Reaction score
We could bring in Garcia to reunite with his old pal:laugh2:

sjordan6

Reaction score
there are too many teams that would let me be the starting qb...Carr is not a backup at this point in his career and it is still too early to declare him a bust. He has simply played on a bad team since he was drafted and oakland would be a good place for him with a good coach and coordinator. Cleveland is another place he could start right away. Minnesota would pay him and Detroit could use him.

Carr is still young and clearly is not a back-up. Not yet. keep thinking though!

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I would love to see David Carr in Cleveland. That would put that team over the top. Oakland is a disaster. If Cleveland got Carr and a running back... that would be set.

Detroit would probably be a decent place for him, as would minnesota. Still hoping that Henson can claim Minnesota for himself.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't think David Carr wants to be in an Oakland-like situation.

If this was a frustrating year for him, watch him battle futility in Oakland.
No, I'd think he'd love to go to Minn -- even Miami -- but never to a Detroit or Oakland or Cleveland where futility is also a way of life.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
carr is extremely overrated.

he has very questionable accuracy and a world of bad habits.

he is very similar to quincy carter in size, skill.

in a young, hungry guy his skill would be a nice find but in a guy picked 1 overall who feels a sense of entitlement it would be a mistake to mess with him.

he does sound like a raider to me as well. kudos to whomever first suggested it.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i would think the Texans would franchise him. no way they are letting him leave. if they did, how could they justify not drafting V. Young

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I'd rather we sign a guy like Kelly Holcomb if he is available and let Ireland take a stab on the second day of the draft. I'd love to get Tyler Palko later on.

jay cee

Reaction score
jterrell;1255883 said:
carr is extremely overrated.

he has very questionable accuracy and a world of bad habits.

he is very similar to quincy carter in size, skill.

in a young, hungry guy his skill would be a nice find but in a guy picked 1 overall who feels a sense of entitlement it would be a mistake to mess with him.

he does sound like a raider to me as well. kudos to whomever first suggested it.

Thank you, Jterrel. I don't know what's wrong with these guys. I'll bet a few years ago these were the same guys complaining because Washington had their QB of the future in Ramsey, while the Cowboys were still looking.