Punt Returns...Shelve The Idea

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We all know Crayton is going to fair catch most of the time. Hardly matters, we're not blocking worth a can of Spam.

I think we should shelve the idea of even making returns. Tell Crayton to fair catch. He can do that. Sell out for the block attempt. Even if we get only one or two all year it will be a huge lift.

Scandrick was good at it at Boise State. Choice gets close at least once a game. Send them both and everyone else too.

I'd rather see the aggression.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL...

If and when Newman is healthy again, let him do it, at least when the offense is backed up.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Very true.

Crayton did bust a good one vs. St Louis for 33 yards but has only returned 3 other punts for a total of 19 yards.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Im down.

Pac wasn't any better. Special teams as a whole sucks so why not try something.

2much2soon

Reaction score
How about Austin? His hands look pretty good on KO's (seems to catch most of them with his hands out in front of him instead of letting it come into his body) and he has the speed.
I wouldn't mind seeing Scandrick back there, too. He has some speed and wiggle.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2397406 said:
We all know Crayton is going to fair catch most of the time. Hardly matters, we're not blocking worth a can of Spam.

I think we should shelve the idea of even making returns. Tell Crayton to fair catch. He can do that. Sell out for the block attempt. Even if we get only one or two all year it will be a huge lift.

Scandrick was good at it at Boise State . Choice gets close at least once a game. Send them both and everyone else too.

I'd rather see the aggression.
thanks Hos I have been preaching this all year..... and for the people who think Crayton is better than Pac well....... just WOW.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I like the idea but with our luck we'd run in to the kicker every time. :laugh2:

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2397466 said:
I like the idea but with our luck we'd run in to the kicker every time. :laugh2:

Gotta keep things fair and honest, right? I mean they called it all the time for McBriar :laugh2:

Deep_South

Reaction score
Another idea....if Romo isn't back after the bye week, we should just kick the field goal if we recover a fumble or intercept the ball within 35 yds of the goal, without running any other plays.