putting today's loss into perspective

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the Eagles were fighting for their playoff lives, although probably not realistically, but still

and although their record does not reflect this, they are ranked top 10 on both sides of the ball, and have the league's, or the conference's, 2nd best red-zone defense

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1839349 said:
the Eagles were fighting for their playoff lives, although probably not realistically, but still

and although their record does not reflect this, they are ranked top 10 on both sides of the ball, and have the league's, or the conference's, 2nd best red-zone defense

I tried pointing that out during the week amongst other things.

but no one cares, the only thing that cares is 5-8 so that must mean we should win by 35.

Divisional games are difficult let alone when everyone tells you that your team is the greatest ever.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The defense played well enough to win. The offense, for the first time this year, did not.

Romo's terrible play, Garrett's questionable play calling, and injuries to Gurode and others contributed, but I have to put most of the blame on Romo. This offense lives and dies through him, and he was really off today.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
theebs;1839360 said:

but no one cares, the only thing that cares is 5-8 so that must mean we should win by 35.

Divisional games are difficult let alone when everyone tells you that your team is the greatest ever.

I remembered your post ("I'll take a win anyway we can get it" or something like that) You were dead on.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1839360 said:

great minds?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
You could have put a college defense out there and Romo would have looked just as bad.

The Panch

Reaction score
I dont understand why people keep trying to defend this loss by saying the Eagles are better than their record. The Eagles didnt beat us, we beat ourselves. Starting with #9. It seems to me people are so desperate for an excuse they cant admit we played like **** on offense. Both on the field and on the sidelines with the play calling.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;1839393 said:
I dont understand why people keep trying to defend this loss by saying the Eagles are better than their record. The Eagles didnt beat us, we beat ourselves. Starting with #9. It seems to me people are so desperate for an excuse they cant admit we played like **** on offense. Both on the field and on the sidelines with the play calling.
Find a single person that isn't willing to place the majority of the blame on Romo.

Otherwise, shut the hell up with this little crusade.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;1839397 said:
Find a single person that isn't willing to place the majority of the blame on Romo.

no kidding. It was pretty obvious he was off the mark on most of his throws.

but geez, cheerup terry glenn is playing saturday night.

so not only should we be refocused but also re-energized.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I heard someone say they lost 5 games by 4 points or less... so they were a threat... we split the season series....

I am good.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
The Panch;1839393 said:

Every week......win or lose......the same bile comes spewing out of your mouth

Dude :cool:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theogt;1839397 said:

That man is lonelier that the Maytag man

The Panch

Reaction score
theogt;1839397 said:

How about the thread starter, *******. I keep seeing on ESPN and NBC late game, everyone praising Jim Johnson's defense as if they didnt leave us the opportunity for play making.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Panch;1839407 said:
How about the thread starter, *******. I keep seeing on ESPN and NBC late game, everyone praising Jim Johnson's defense as if they didnt leave us the opportunity for play making.
Oh, I see. The problem is that you're illiterate.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Panch;1839393 said:

Its quite simple really... back in the old days... the QB or the team had a bad game and lost... just about everyone looked forward to next gam with enthusiasm.

THEN IT HAPPENED... play-by-play reporting and sensationalism and hype and just flat out too much...

The internet allows your voice to be heard for every little thing... some know how to handle it and some dont.

Take a deep breath... we are 12-2.... that the 2nd best record in the NFL.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score

The problem with this thought is that the Eagles didn't beat us today at all. We beat ourselves...specifically on offense. They gave us every opportunity to win this game and we let them all slip away. It's not like the Eagles dominated at any point. Their offense was consistently stopped by our D and there were many opportunities for our O to move it upfield and take control of the game.

I'm just glad our D was not the problem today. Offense can be fixed much easier.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1839366 said:
I remembered your post ("I'll take a win anyway we can get it" or something like that) You were dead on.
props to theebs although he probably wishes he was dead wrong.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
The Eagles were practically begging for us to win the game. Tony Romo and the offense just refused to take it. There's no way to sugar coat this one. We stunk and should be 13-1.