QB Question ,Gotta Ask...

tomduhain

Reaction score
For those who know - why can't Stanback function a back-up QB or at least use him for a WR sweep w/ option to throw deep downfield? Wasn't he a pretty good at Washington? Why is his QB experience never even mentioned????

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Stanback was a terrible QB in college and not the kind that transition to the NFL. He is better suited at WR with his athletic ability....if he can make it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
This offense isn't into too much trickery, in fact I don't think I've seen 1 trick play all season. I constantly mention we should run that type of play with Crayton since he has past QB experience as well but it never happens. The way I see it, if they are going to do a play like that Crayton's # would probably be the one they call up since he is ahead on the depth chart.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2382365 said:
This offense isn't into too much trickery, in fact I don't think I've seen 1 trick play all season. I constantly mention we should run that type of play with Crayton since he has past QB experience as well but it never happens. The way I see it, if they are going to do a play like that Crayton's # would probably be the one they call up since he is ahead on the depth chart.

We ran a WR double pass from Crayton to Owens in th GB game I believe. Didnt work out too well as Crayton threw into double/triple coverage.

That being said we need to pull out all the stops and use as many gadget plays as we feel necessary on Sunday.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2382367 said:
We ran a WR double pass from Crayton to Owens in th GB game I believe. Didnt work out too well as Crayton threw into double/triple coverage.

That being said we need to pull out all the stops and use as many gadget plays as we feel necessary on Sunday.

You absolutely have my vote on the gadget plays. I do remember the play you are talking about now, thanks! I want us to take it to the Giants offensively if Bollinger starts.

Tex

Reaction score
tomduhain;2382362 said:
For those who know - why can't Stanback function a back-up QB

I am sure if all other active quarterbacks on the roster were out with injuries during a game he would be considered for the next quarterback to take the field along with crayton. But thats a situation where the coach is basically walking down the bench shouting "OK anyone thats ever played quarterback even in grade school raise your hand now".

And since they wouldnt know any of the plays or reads etc from the quarterback position we would be pretty screwed really.

Come on its taken Stanbeck two years to try and learn to run routes and the playbook in the NFL as a WR which is a smidgen easier then NFL QB. How long is it going to take him to learn a NFL playbook for the QB position? 5 plays maybe for emergencies but.... I say lets keep him playing the only position he is qualified to play full time in the NFL and see if he can master that first. And pray to gawd we dont run out of real QB's so he has to play. And considering I am counting BJ as a "real QB" you know I am using that term loosely to begin with.

Cheers

Tex