QB question

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
If Baker is cut soon, do we go into the opener with only 2 QBs on the roster? WHo else is out there (and don't say Henson) that might be able to come in as a third string QB who would know this system?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
I dont think Parcells would have a problem going into the season with Crayton or someone similar as the emergency QB. Lets be honest, if it comes down to the third stringer in a game..we are SCREWED no matter what happens. I dont have a problem with only having DB and Romo on the roster.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I dont think Parcells would have a problem going into the season with Crayton or someone similar as the emergency QB. Lets be honest, if it comes down to the third stringer in a game..we are SCREWED no matter what happens. I dont have a problem with only having DB and Romo on the roster.

Agreed. it would have to be a tragedy if we lost both Romo and Bledsoe.

sago1

Reaction score
If Baker truly isn't any good then we cut him but if he can help in any way, then sign him on to the PS as a "just in case guy"

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
well Vinny, Q-Bong and Chutch are all available...man I cant believe teams are leaving that kind of talent out there for the gettin

seriously though, if nobody gets hurt there's no real reason to have 3 QB'..especially if you are sure the backup you have can do the job (and is also the potential QB of the future, which I think has now kinda been established)...if something does happen to one of them, then you go looking for somebody...maybe a Kerry Collins after week one (when you dont have to guarantee his salary for the entire season)

David

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Without getting too deep into this, I think Parcells actually has someone in mind. It's no accident that Henson never saw any preseason action. In the scrimmage, his only action, Henson looked the best of the three QB's. Had Parcells played Henson in the preseason, and had he lit it up, then it would have been much harder to cut him, which it appears is what Parcells wanted to do from the start. He wouldn't have been so set on cutting Henson, unless he had someone else in mind to cover his bases in case Romo just cannot handle it. An experienced mid-line back-up who has some NFL experience, who Parcells knows pretty well.

One name comes to mind, and he may be released in the next week or two. Tim Hasselbeck. Parcells former ball boy with the Giants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

for 1 game I agree if Bledsoe were to miss more than a couple of games Dallas would be forced to find a vet backup.