QB's that are on the hot seat going into 2006

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
1. Jake Plummer- Broncos
Jake is a pretty good QB... He's in a fantastic system with a head coach that knows how to run an offense... Denver is surely thinking they're right on the cusp of getting the whole thing done (SB championship)... Drafting Cutler is simply a push to the backside of Jake... good insurance too... Jake is still the man. We will surely hear the media geniuses say "Watch out Jake, Cutler is the next superstar QB ready to steal the wheel and drive toward SB 41!"

2. Aaron Brooks- Raiders
I see another 5-11 season... This guy doesn't impress me one bit... He's a pro-bowler one game and throwing passes backward to nobody the next... Oakland has been the retirement home for washed up NFL vets lately... Al Davis sure doesn't mind as long as they are a vet... I just wonder why Tuiasosopo has never seen extended action over all the vets they haul in... K. Collins... A. Brooks??? Hey AL... "Just be mediocre baby!!"

3. Kurt Warner- Cardinals
Has too many weapons to fail him IMO... Boldin, Fitz, and Edge... Leinart couldn't have been drafted into a better situation... former NFL MVP was no joke... The structure of Kurt's damaged hand from Roy's hit when he was a Ram will limit his effectiveness into long games where the Cards may have to pass a lot if they are behind... How many sacks will he give up also... Big onus on the AZ OL.

4. Rex Grossman- Bears
This guy has a lot of upside... It's up to Grossman to now lead the offense and not make mistakes... He can maximize the opportunities the defense gives him because they will still be strong as he|_|_. Would not hurt one bit to play the "bus driver role" because of strong running game.

5. Mark Brunell- Commanders
Will this guy last a whole season?... if so the Skins are good because he is very experienced... Another HC who likes vets... New OC (Saunders) with very capable resume... Big question mark behind him in the next QB Campbell... He can take soup endorsement lessons from a feller a little further north of him in McNabb. Chunky soup aint got nothing on Campbells Soup. Defense needs to hold up for 16 games... Williams wont let that defense get complacent.

6. David Carr- Texans
Big time hype... Personally I hope the Cowboys drill him into the ground... The make or break the franchise the Taxscums showed in their first regular season game left Dallas as well as me with a bad taste in my mouth. I've never forgotten that defeat... Squincy was no doubt leading the choking with that pathetic excuse for a Coslet led offense... Favorite play was the TE falling down... Here's to the Houston crushing on 10/15. Better bring your O-line Carr.

7. Byron Leftwich- Jaguars
I don't think this guy is on the hot seat... He will be a leader for a long time... He will play injured too... How well will be determined... Another QB that has the luxury of a killer D. Del Rio is a fiery coach and will keep Leftwich and that squad motivated.

8. Billy Volek- Titans
What they said... Young will count the days before he gets onto the field. Volek surely isn't going to market the Titans like Vince will. Don't expect a McNair like learning curve from the bench for Vince... Put V. Young into the shotgun in the red-zone and third and short becomes scary for the opposing D... Young will be fantastic if he doesn't underestimate the NFL speedy defensive ends and linebackers. Young will have to outrun guys like the Colts - Dwight Freeney, watch out for the push up the middle from Jaguars - John Henderson and Marcus Stroud, and be able to get away from #1 pick Mario Williams twice a year.

I'm adding a few QBs...
9. Donovan McNabb - Eagles
Donovan better not get off to a slow start or the Eagle media will eat him alive... TO or no TO. He needs to get a rapport with the new WRs. No WR is able to go get the ball in an attack mode like TO aside from Randy Moss, and there is no such WR on the Filly roster now. If McNabb fails early he'll be doing mackerel chum commercials at a lonely fish dock instead of Chunky Soup.

10. Chad Pennington/Patrick Ramsey - NY Jets
Will Chad get the go ahead, Ramsey is waiting in the wings... Questions abound with the Jets. The draft in 06 didn't produce a QB... could have had Cutler or Leinart... still good at RB with C. Martin, but he's on the wrong side of 30. "The Brick" Ferguson needs to be ready to impress.

11. Daunte Culpepper/Gus Frerote - Miami
With lots of depth at QB, somebody will take the wheel. Culpepper may not be ready since he tore the heck out of his knee last year. Frerotte would be a suitable backup QB... Saban is gearing up for a run... Don't count out the strength and depth of Miami... Dolphins and Patriots will be interesting next season.

12. Philip Rivers - Chargers
The Chargers have lots of question marks and they were sure the loss of Brees wouldn't affect the squad... I think that will be a major factor in the final outcome of the Chargers in 06-07... They still have a really good defense led by pass rusher Merriman and run plugging J. Williams... IMO the secondary is still suspect, we'll see... Also having all world Tomlinson doesn't hurt that offense... Rivers couldn't be so lucky to have a player, person of his caliber behind him.