Quarterback Issues In Houston

Verdict

Reaction score
It might make sense to the Texans to draft Vince Young. I'm not sure he is any better than Carr, and in fact he is probably much worse. But lets dissect this a little bit.

Drafting Vince Young will invigorate the Texans' fan base and sell tickets, much more so than standing pat. Moreover, Vince Young's mobility, would partially offset their horrible offensive line. This translates to more wins for the franchise, at least on a short term basis.

Carr also is young and would have "some" value to potential trade partners. Granted you can't pay Carr to sit out his current contract behind Bledsoe, but he could challenge Bledsoe/sit behind him for a year and maybe be the quarterback of the future.

Would any of you give up a third rounder for Carr?

montgod

Reaction score
I highly doubt they would draft a QB seeing as though they will exercise the 8million dollar bonus for Carr. Bush will definitely be a Texan imo.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
montgod said:
I highly doubt they would draft a QB seeing as though they will exercise the 8million dollar bonus for Carr. Bush will definitely be a Texan imo.
:signmast:

What he said.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Yep...I'd give up a third rounder for Carr.

BUt Kubiak has already stated that Carr is going to be one of his pet projects.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Yep...I'd give up a third rounder for Carr.

BUt Kubiak has already stated that Carr is going to be one of his pet projects.
If anyone can make Carr reach the next level I'd put my money on Kubiak. If he fixes that OL.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
If anyone can make Carr reach the next level I'd put my money on Kubiak. If he fixes that OL.

Given that offensive line, there's no way anyone could evaluate Carr. THe guy got sacked something like 70 times last year...and 75 in his first year.

mullet

Reaction score
The Texans line is 'not good'...... BUT..... I personally don't think it is as bad as advertised. It is so easy to blame all the offensive problems on their line, but I think Carr is to blame as well.
He is very uninstinctive in the pocket (i.e. bledsoe, hutch, etc), and mix in his indecisiveness, and their lack of skill players (WR - when Andre Johnson was hurt) and you have a bad offense.
Good skill players make offensive lines look good. and, Carr was not doing any favors to the OLine with his poor play.

Having said all that, if I had to wager, I think the Texans take Bush....... but, there is a chance the take Young.

montgod

Reaction score
Verdict said:
It might make sense to the Texans to draft Vince Young. I'm not sure he is any better than Carr, and in fact he is probably much worse. But lets dissect this a little bit.

Drafting Vince Young will invigorate the Texans' fan base and sell tickets, much more so than standing pat. Moreover, Vince Young's mobility, would partially offset their horrible offensive line. This translates to more wins for the franchise, at least on a short term basis.

Carr also is young and would have "some" value to potential trade partners. Granted you can't pay Carr to sit out his current contract behind Bledsoe, but he could challenge Bledsoe/sit behind him for a year and maybe be the quarterback of the future.

Would any of you give up a third rounder for Carr?

And even though V. Young is a hometown hero.....there is a small part of me that things that the human highlight reel...umm I mean Bush will put some people in the stands....:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
montgod said:

I agree. Once they pay out the 8 mill to Carr that will pretty much determine what they will do in the draft. They either go Bush or trade the #1 for multiple picks

wileedog

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree. Once they pay out the 8 mill to Carr that will pretty much determine what they will do in the draft. They either go Bush or trade the #1 for multiple picks

The right move is to trade down and stockpile some of these solid offensive linemen in the draft.

So they will draft Bush.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wileedog said:
The right move is to trade down and stockpile some of these solid offensive linemen in the draft.

So they will draft Bush.

LOL, I think you’re right. I know the focus by many is on the Houston O-line and with good reason but Houston has problems on both sides of the ball which is why I feel the best thing they could do is to trade out of the #1 spot for more picks. When a team goes 2-14 you have a lot of problem that need to be addressed. Thank god we were able to get the Walker trade that made the job of rebuilding the Cowboys a lot easier. Houston though will take Bush. LOL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would give a 2nd for him but we will never get the chance. I don't believe Houston will give up on him.

Trade down is the smart move, for Houston, that is clear to me as well. I just don't get taking a RB or a QB when you have both already.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Verdict said:

#1 overall.

Vince Young isn't that guy.