Video: Quarterbacks Coach - Doug Nussmeier: A Natural Adjustment

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad that Nussmeier got to be Dak's QB coach. He's well experienced in that responsibility, even more than he was as a TE's coach.

Needless to say, Dak will be able to choose the best advice he got from the assortment of QB coaches that he's already spent time with.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm glad that Nussmeier got to be Dak's QB coach. He's well experienced in that responsibility, even more than he was as a TE's coach.

Needless to say, Dak will be able to choose the best advice he got from the assortment of QB coaches that he's already spent time with.

i was actually surprised Mccarthy promoted Nussmeier from TE coach to QB coach.. instead of hiring his longtime buddy and ex-OC Joe Philibin to be the new QB coach .. MM couldve hired his longtime OL coach James Camben to be the new OL coach instead of Philibin.

But the other catch to Nussmeier remaining is MM wanted to retain some of the continuing coaches that built the Dak foundation - that
saw him produce in record setting numbers and an vastly improved passing game.

Apparently MM saw something in Nussmeier that he wanted over incumbent Joe Kitna who was more instrumental in dak's improved
passing skills than probably anyone