Question about Heinz "field"......

newlander

Reaction score
Why won't the NFL make these clownish cheapskates put in field turf? IT's unbelievable especially considering Pitt plays their home games on that MUD BOG as well. I sure worry about MB3's foot holding up on Sunday. I really believe Pitt's mgmt. is just cheap.

Besides MB3's health, the biggest concern I'd have would be how we're going to win with them stacking the box with 8-9 guys. I would think with the field and weather/wind being that bad they'll do just that and dare us to throw. Gotta run to win in Dec. and I just don't think it'll happen against them. But i;d love to be wrong.....

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Because old man Rooney has Goodell in his back pocket. Goodell won't make him change his field for the health of the players that play on it, just like he let him work out the ownership situation with his brothers despite the gambling interests the Rooney brothers had at their racetracks for over 2 years, and just like ol' Rog didn't suspend Harrison for beating his ex-girlfriend in the off season.

Boy, do I want this game. Badly.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
parcells316;2456032 said:
Because old man Rooney has Goodell in his back pocket. Goodell won't make him change his field for the health of the players that play on it, just like he let him work out the ownership situation with his brothers despite the gambling interests the Rooney brothers had at their racetracks for over 2 years, and just like ol' Rog didn't suspend Harrison for beating his ex-girlfriend in the off season.

Boy, do I want this game. Badly.

Yep. And they will say something like "well, it's healthier for the players to play on grass" (studies say differently) and "this is the way football is meant to be played." Well, yeah, football should be played on natural grass, but playing on a field that makes the football field in "Lockup" look pristine is not how football is meant to be played.

YAKUZA

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yakuza Rich;2456037 said:
Yep. And they will say something like "well, it's healthier for the players to play on grass" (studies say differently) and "this is the way football is meant to be played." Well, yeah, football should be played on natural grass, but playing on a field that makes the football field in "Lockup" look pristine is not how football is meant to be played.

YAKUZA

Well I guess one good thing is they will never have a Superbowl there as long as they keep that domeless stadium and crappy field conditions.

Reaction score
newlander;2456022 said:
Why won't the NFL make these clownish cheapskates put in field turf? IT's unbelievable especially considering Pitt plays their home games on that MUD BOG as well. I sure worry about MB3's foot holding up on Sunday. I really believe Pitt's mgmt. is just cheap.

Besides MB3's health, the biggest concern I'd have would be how we're going to win with them stacking the box with 8-9 guys. I would think with the field and weather/wind being that bad they'll do just that and dare us to throw. Gotta run to win in Dec. and I just don't think it'll happen against them. But i;d love to be wrong.....

HA...and all I get is crap from people when I say we need to establish a running game...funny how when Dcember rolls around people come over to my side...:eek:

juck

Reaction score
remeber this slows down their fast defense too,so.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2456044 said:
Well I guess one good thing is they will never have a Superbowl there as long as they keep that domeless stadium and crappy field conditions.
domeless is cool. in fact all stadiums should be domeless. it's the crappy field that can get players hurt that's the problem.

fan62

Reaction score
Doesn't look as if we have to worry about a muddy field this week, anyway!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2456058 said:
HA...and all I get is crap from people when I say we need to establish a running game...funny how when Dcember rolls around people come over to my side...:eek:

You'll never hear me argue with that. But this offense is built around the pass. We have to run enough to set up the play action pass. And it's nice to run it down the Skins's throat to kill the game late. Or anyone just particularly the Skins.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I guess they don't call it Heinz field for nothing. It will be like playing on a field of mustard and ketchup.