Question for Dale?

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Is Mr. Peters making the trip to California this summer?

If so, maybe he can get Spags or Sham to stop by the forum for a little Q & A session.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I will be there, thankfully (in no small part because of Mickey's help).

About chats, not sure Mickey or Brad would ever have the time to stop by, but the mods are seeing what we can do to have some chats with Cowboys beat writers on occasion. We're definitely trying our best to provide unique and interesting insight on this site.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
Is Mr. Peters making the trip to California this summer?

If so, maybe he can get Spags or Sham to stop by the forum for a little Q & A session.

While reading over at the ES site (Yes I skim for info on the Skins). I saw that a couple of their Mods (I think Mods, maybe owners or both) got press pass's for their training camp.

FYI Reality.....

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dale said:

About chats, not sure Mickey or Brad would ever have the time to stop by, but the mods are seeing what we can do to have some chats with Cowboys beat writers on occasion. We're definitely trying our best to provide unique and interesting insight on this site.

I hope that is because they are about to pay out 300 mil to a new stadium, and not because our beloved Cowboys have financial woes of which we are unaware.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I hope that is because they are about to pay out 300 mil to a new stadium, and not because our beloved Cowboys have financial woes of which we are unaware.

That's exactly why. A lot of times, they overstock with interns in various departments, so they're basically just cutting back unnecessary expenses with the big investments they have on the horizon.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Jarv said:
While reading over at the ES site (Yes I skim for info on the Skins). I saw that a couple of their Mods (I think Mods, maybe owners or both) got press pass's for their training camp.

FYI Reality.....

It is my understanding that the Cowboys don't give press passes to internet sites unless you're fairly established. I'm pretty sure every team has different policies, or some people at ExtremeSkins simply have very good connections (which I bet is the case considering the team of mods and posters they have there).

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Dale said:

QUOTE]

I am glad you get to attend training camp, you deserve it! Unfortunately, I will not attend this year. I was looking forward to talking with you again.

Good luck and I look forward to your insightful articles.

You will be Spags replacement one day! Keep up the Great work Dale......

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well thank Spags from the posters on the board for going to bat for you, Dale. That's pretty cool.

I've been part of the downsizing phenomena before and it's not pleasant. Glad you survived this round.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Dale said:

QUOTE]

I am glad you get to attend training camp, you deserve it! Unfortunately, I will not attend this year. I was looking forward to talking with you again.

Good luck and I look forward to your insightful articles.

You will be Spags replacement one day! Keep up the Great work Dale......

CC, camp will defiinitely be different without you around, even if only for a few days. But, the good news is -- at least, I think -- it seems like you made enough memories last year to serve a lifetime. What, partying with Quincy's mom and hanging with Jerry and all. :)

And thanks for the kind words, and from you too, Woody's Girl. The assistance and support Mickey has provided me over the years has been unbelievable. I wish everyone here got to see that side of him at times, because he is truly a great guy.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dale said:
CrazyCowboy said:
CC, camp will defiinitely be different without you around, even if only for a few days. But, the good news is -- at least, I think -- it seems like you made enough memories last year to serve a lifetime.

And thanks for the kind words, and from you too, Woody's Girl. The assistance and support Mickey has provided me over the years has been unbelievable. I wish everyone here got to see that side of him at times, because he is truly a great guy.

Mmmmhmmmm.

"Do you like movies about gladiators, Timmy?"

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, but considering I just found out about this site about 2-3 weeks ago. Whats this about Mickey? Did he make posts on here or what?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Sorry for the stupid question, but considering I just found out about this site about 2-3 weeks ago. Whats this about Mickey? Did he make posts on here or what?

No not that i know of, people on here just think that he sucks as a writer for www.dallascowboys.com

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daboysin06 said:
Dale (aka Chad Peters) is an intern reporter for dc.com and I'm pretty sure DC Weekly.

Cowboys are scaling back (as noted in other posts) and Spags went to bat for him to keep him on staff.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Spags has had good and bad articles that I have read. I was a QC supporter (Yes, I admit it, I'm not always right...lol). Spags hated QC and was a Hutch fan (He's not always right either...lol).

Good or Bad, if this guy is helping Dale (and his aka), then Spags has gained respect in my book. Dale's a good honest/fair poster here and his articles and interveiws are some of the best.

We have not always agreed Mr. Spagnola, but... :beer2:

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I hope that Dale is keeping good notes, as I am hoping there is going to be a good book in it someday. You are a really good writer Dale, and I kind of compare your writing style to Troy Aikman's commentary style, you are both objective and if you are going to say something controversial, you have facts to back it up. That is all a reader can ask for. I don't want a skewed view of a subject and have the writer only show me his side of the story. I am looking forward to reading all that you can post during this season, as I feel it is going to be a special one.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Dale said:

I'm glad that you are getting to go again this year.

I hope that you have a great time at camp and I looking foward to any updates that you might be able to send us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JakeCamp12 said:
I hope that Dale is keeping good notes, as I am hoping there is going to be a good book in it someday. You are a really good writer Dale, and I kind of compare your writing style to Troy Aikman's commentary style, you are both objective and if you are going to say something controversial, you have facts to back it up. That is all a reader can ask for. I don't want a skewed view of a subject and have the writer only show me his side of the story. I am looking forward to reading all that you can post during this season, as I feel it is going to be a special one.
I've been telling him this too. As soon as he graduates college and gets hired by the team he needs to switch into book mode and start compiling data.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Is Kritter going to be there too, Dale?

Chat was more fun last time because she was slapping around all the guys hitting on her pretty good.:D

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
Spags is all right, I don't expect to agree with every thing he says and he does answer his mail sometimes.

Dale I hope you do stay with the program until you get a beat of your own. So long as it is with the Cowboys that is. I have enjoyed your articles and I love your increasingly infrequent posts. You do bring a breath of reason to these discussions allowing me to be both unreasonable and down right cynical at times. Which makes me at least half your potential reader market, remember that. Mickey does. (%