Question for Metroplex Cowboys Fans

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Considering how great of a season we've had, do you have in the back of your minds the recent trend of the postseason failures that has we've had for our local pro teams?

The Mavericks up 2 games to zero with a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter in the 2006 NBA Finals and choke, go on to lose 4 straight. Last year, best record in the league and seemed unstoppable and get bounced in the first round to Golden St. I had a bad feeling about that matchup anyways.

The Stars, though Marty Turco had an excellent series in the first round last year, get bounced yet again in the 1st round. It's been a couple years since they made it out.

The Rangers are the Rangers, they suck.

We all know how our season ended in Seattle last year.

I'm confident that we can beat any team in the league. I just fear that some fluke thing could happen and I wouldn't be surprised considering the recent trend. Will our Cowboys buck the recent trend?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
BlueStar22;1834811 said:
Considering how great of a season we've had, do you have in the back of your minds the recent trend of the postseason failures that has we've had for our local pro teams?

No. With all do respect to the Mavs and Stars (F the Rangers, they're game's are nothing more than an excuse to go drink beer on boring July nights), need about 10 more years of consistent success to become relevant.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i never equate anything the other local teams here do to what
the Cowboys may or may not do.
none of them are even close to being the same level of franchise to me.

Rackat

Reaction score
poke;1835235 said:
i never equate anything the other local teams here do to what
the Cowboys may or may not do.
none of them are even close to being the same level of franchise to me.
Exactly.