Question for our resident Chefs.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys watch the food network (FOOD.TV) much? And if so, who are your favorites, and which ones seem like the best chefs in your opinion?

Personally, I like Bobby Flay. He seems like he might be a bit arrogant in person, but I really find it easy to follow along with what he's doing.

Also, I like Rachael Ray. She's a bit goofy at times, but I think she gives a lot of good tips. At least for my limited culinary knowledge.

Favorite all time show...IRON CHEF!

My lovely girlfriend bought me an Iron Chef apron last year, and I wear it with pride!

Just call me IRON CHEF MESQUITE! ;) :rolleyes:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
Just wondering if you guys watch the food network (FOOD.TV) much? And if so, who are your favorites, and which ones seem like the best chefs in your opinion?

Personally, I like Bobby Flay. He seems like he might be a bit arrogant in person, but I really find it easy to follow along with what he's doing.

Also, I like Rachael Ray. She's a bit goofy at times, but I think she gives a lot of good tips. At least for my limited culinary knowledge.

My lovely girlfriend bought me an Iron Chef apron last year, and I wear it with pride!

Some people don't like him because he's so animated but I like Emeril. At least he keeps you attention.

I only have one problem with all the shows. They never actually cook the beef. If I cut in to a steak and blood runs out it turns my stomach.

I love the original Iron Chef just because the dubbed voices are so crazy but the food is nasty. I keep waiting for the secret ingredient to be air :D

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Some people don't like him because he's so animated but I like Emeril. At least he keeps you attention.

I only have one problem with all the shows. They never actually cook the beef. If I cut in to a steak and blood runs out it turns my stomach.

I love the original Iron Chef just because the dubbed voices are so crazy but the food is nasty. I keep waiting for the secret ingredient to be air :D

Think about it Yeager....If the secret ingredient was "air." There'd be a kitchen stadium full of edible balloons. We don't want that, now do we?

Not a fan of the rare beef myself either. I'll take mine medium, thank you.

Emeril is good. I just think he appeals more to the older generation. My parents best friends watch him religiously, and own all his products (essence) 'n stuff. I say more power to him. He's just not my cup-o-tea.

King Diamond666

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:

I did a James Beard Dinner a couple years back with a friend of mine who trained under Daniel Boulard..We were working and Bobby Flay came over and said high ..My friend turns and says i'm sorry what was your name...Talk about pissed...Bobby has a new show too..You should see some of the people working for him..Not the sharpest knives in the drawer let me tell you...A couple years back we had the Players championship at the Coubtry Club i work at..That was fun..Hard work but rewarding

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I love Rachael Ray, although she might be considered the food version of John Grisham. Still she is down home and sensible. I can't stand Bobby Flay. I remember when he went on Iron Chef and made fish tacos. What the hell, that's like me going on Iron Chef and making PBJ. I like Alton Brown

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I love Rachael Ray, although she might be considered the food version of John Grisham. Still she is down home and sensible. I can't stand Bobby Flay. I remember when he went on Iron Chef and made fish tacos. What the hell, that's like me going on Iron Chef and making PBJ. I like Alton Brown
Alton Brown is very good. I have actually picked up a few tips from watching Good Eats.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rachel ray kills me with that goofy laugh.

The only one I really liked watching was the Iron Chef show as it was funny...but most of those shows kill me.

Although the shows where they go and show you how this snack or candy is made are insteresting when nothing else is on at the time.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

The only one I really liked watching was the Iron Chef show as it was funny...but most of those shows kill me.

Although the shows where they go and show you how this snack or candy is made are insteresting when nothing else is on at the time.
I like Rachel Ray but it's not because of what she is cooking :D

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

She's got some junk in the trunk eh. :D

I'd sure like to......well, nevermind. :p

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I also like all the food festivals and local competitions. I just love watching meat cook on the grill / smoker. Makes my mouth literally water, even when I'm not hungry.

Yep, I'm a carnivore!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:

Oh... she's COOKIN' alright... want some pie?

rachel5.JPG