Question for the older fans or those with good search skills

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
In 1965 we drafted a couple of DBs, Brig Owens and Ernie Kellerman, both of whom went on to play for many years with other teams, but they never played for us. My question is: Did we trade them or cut them?

Brig Owens played 12 years for the Commanders and was a very good Safety for them.

Kellerman played 7 years, mostly with the Browns (he was out for the 1972 season).

Granted, these weren't high draft picks (Owens 7th round, Kellerman 12th) but they didn't play at all for us and both had talent.

I think we cut Kellerman but I can't find any info on Owens.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
THUMPER;2387145 said:
In 1965 we drafted a couple of DBs, Brig Owens and Ernie Kellerman, both of whom went on to play for many years with other teams, but they never played for us. My question is: Did we trade them or cut them?

Brig Owens played 12 years for the Commanders and was a very good Safety for them.

Kellerman played 7 years, mostly with the Browns (he was out for the 1972 season).

Granted, these weren't high draft picks (Owens 7th round, Kellerman 12th) but they didn't play at all for us and both had talent.

I think we cut Kellerman but I can't find any info on Owens.

We traded Owens from wikipedia.

thor_01

Reaction score
we traded owens to washington in 66, we traded kellerman to cleveland in 65 not 66, i dont recall what we got for either because they were both project picks at the time...............

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Who? What? 65? Way before my time. I'm still fermenting.......... ;)