Question for the out-of-staters that come to Dallas area.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
For those people that live outside of Texas, and periodically visit the D/FW area (for games, etc), what is your impression of the Dallas area?

What was the commute around town like?

What was your impression of the people here?

The actual cities themselves, cool? ...or not so much?

Are our drivers really as crazy as I think?

I am just curious as to the perception of the area. I have live here my entire life, so of course my opinion is different.

I think Dallas/Ft. Worth is a perfection melting pot. East meets west. For example, my high school had a rodeo team, but at the same time....a gang problem. Very ecclectic huh? Growing up here, I feel privileged. I was exposed to skateboarding back in the 80's (west coast), good hip-hop in the 90's (east coast), dance music, etc. Anything you're into, can be found here in the D/FW. I'm never leaving!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Special Saturday edition of the Friday 5? Haha! This perspective comes from someone who hangs out near the tourist spots. We don't get off the beaten path anywhere we go.

For those people that live outside of Texas, and periodically visit the D/FW area (for games, etc), what is your impression of the Dallas area? Very impressed.

What was the commute around town like? Always fine.

What was your impression of the people here? Typical of this part of the country.

The actual cities themselves, cool? ...or not so much? Above normal coolness.

Are our drivers really as crazy as I think? I've never noticed a difference.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
What was the commute around town like? No problem, but then once you've had breakfast the traffic isn't so bad. It's way better than Austin!!!!

What was your impression of the people here? Very hospitable.

The actual cities themselves, cool? ...or not so much? I like both cities, but probably spend more time in Fort Worth due to the music scene.

Are our drivers really as crazy as I think? Their not to bad probably due to missing the early morning rush hour.

In the eight years that I've visited the area it never ceases to amaze me how many new roads have been built between visits. More spaghetti!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
The one thing that shocked me was that its a dry city. I'm not used to not being able to grab some beer from the store. I was shocked.

The drivers aren't bad at all compared to Atlanta. We have some of the worst drivers and commutes in the country.

Overall I think its a pretty cool city