Question Guys, assistant coaches for Dallas how much do they make, would Dat be good

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok guys, I got a good one for you and the Cowboys. First, how much do the assistant coaches get, especially like our linebacker coaches.

Next, I am sure your all aware of like the 2nd Phily game, when McNabb was going for a touchdown near goal line, Dat Nyugen hollared out coverage. Next, in the pass play that Roy Williams intercepted, Dat hollared out coverage. In other words, I know of 3 other games he did the same thing last year. So, what would it take, for the Cowboys, Jerry Jones to have Dat on sideline, just a advisor to defense, especially to Bradie James, Akin and Roy Williams, hollering out coverage etc, till young defense players catch up to the experience.

Then, add in Dat can have Bradie, Akin, Ware, Carpenter along with Roy, on film study showing them what to look at and look for. Even if this is just an advisor say just in preseason, I think it would be a good move to have. Proabably wouldnt cost as much.

If you remember, parcells had Carl Banks and Lawrence taylor in to help out the linebackers some.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dat said he does NOT want to coach. Yeah, he'd be great.

CowboysFan07

Reaction score
As Hos said, Dat doesn't want to coach, and even if he did I wouldn't want him here, A&M has way too bad a defense that he could help out by coaching.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Coaching is something you must love to do well. Dat has no interest.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Coaching is something you must love to do well. Dat has no interest.

It is also a job that requires endless hours of work though out the season as well as a lot of time during the off-season. Players put in a lot of work but they know that the coaches put in a lot more time than they do.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Dat said he does NOT want to coach. Yeah, he'd be great.

he WHAT??!?

where's Dat! I'm gonna get you Dat you sneaky little *******!!!

royhitshard

Reaction score
CowboysFan07 said:
As Hos said, Dat doesn't want to coach, and even if he did I wouldn't want him here, A&M has way too bad a defense that he could help out by coaching.
What does A&M having a bad defense have to do with Dat helping the Cowboys? :huh:

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
royhitshard said:
What does A&M having a bad defense have to do with Dat helping the Cowboys? :huh:

lol... Dat went to A&M for college... the poster is an A&M fan... and he wants Dat to help out his alumni's sorry defense

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
parcells had Carl Banks and Lawrence taylor in to help out the linebackers some.

I think we are still waiting for LT to show up and help the linebackers out, actually. :)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I understand what your saying guys, but what I am saying, what if he came in just preseason for an advisor, kinda like carl banks and lawrence taylor did, he might be able to show bradie, ware, and new impact linebacker Carpenter something.

TheHustler

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
I understand what your saying guys, but what I am saying, what if he came in just preseason for an advisor, kinda like carl banks and lawrence taylor did, he might be able to show bradie, ware, and new impact linebacker Carpenter something.

I wouldn't rule that out. He's got the mental aspect of the game down pat.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I think Dat would make a great coach, but if he doesn't want to, its all good. Have you seen his wife, lol. Yeah I think the advisor thing is a great idea.