Question if no CBA....

Ken

Reaction score
Being that Dallas is in pretty good position if there is no CBA...

Do the Cowboys purge as much salary as possible, ie Cut LA, Glover etc.. and sign as many younger FA's to one year deals or backloaded contracts? Basically, gambling that there would be no Salary cap in 2007. Being that we all expect the Cowboys to be in the playoffs this year, they would be prohibited from signing any FAs in 2007 under the uncapped year rule.

Do they go hog wild and stock the roster this year, knowing that JJ has the pockets to retain or pay them later?

Or am I missing something very important in all of this?

DBoys

Reaction score
Ken said:
Being that Dallas is in pretty good position if there is no CBA...

Do the Cowboys purge as much salary as possible, ie Cut LA, Glover etc.. and sign as many younger FA's to one year deals or backloaded contracts? Basically, gambling that there would be no Salary cap in 2007. Being that we all expect the Cowboys to be in the playoffs this year, they would be prohibited from signing any FAs in 2007 under the uncapped year rule.

Do they go hog wild and stock the roster this year, knowing that JJ has the pockets to retain or pay them later?

Or am I missing something very important in all of this?

Thats a good question the thing that scares me is next year if an agreement is made. Roy, Terence, Witten, and Bradie will need contracts next year.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I don't know that I'd go that hog wild...

But I would cut guys who I might not have because the "exchange rate" would be much better this season as many younger, more talented guys would be available.