Question:With Spencer out

fan62

Reaction score
With Spencer out - who is Ellis backup and relief if needed?

fortdick

Reaction score
ninja;2271707 said:
What about Bobby Carpenter?

Yeah, move the poor guy again. He already has to feel like Sybelle. Let's just screw the guy offer some more so people can blame him for all the ills in the world.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
:bang2: I hope this isn't something really serious. We obviously don't have *any* other passrushers.
Spencer Won’t Play Sunday In Green Bay
Posted by nickeatman at 9/19/2008 1:48 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

After returning to action last week against the Eagles, second-year linebacker Anthony Spencer will not play Sunday in Green Bay.

Spencer got his knee scoped on Aug. 20, a procedure that figured to keep him out 2-4 weeks. He was able to play last week, but has continues to be bothered by the injury.

He practiced on Wednesday, but has been out of action the last two days, including Friday’s light practice at Valley Ranch.

Since he plays most only in the dime package as a pass rusher, Spencer will likely be replaced by other defensive ends in that role, possibly Stephen Bowen, who played the first game in Cleveland but was inactive last week against Philadelphia once Spencer returned.

Spencer, along with fullback Deon Anderson (knee) and safety Roy Williams (forearm) will be out for the game and probably won’t even travel to Green Bay. Sam Hurd (ankle) is listed as questionable, although Miles Austin (knee), Kyle Kosier (foot), Terence Newman (groin), Isaiah Stanback (shoulder) and Jason Witten (shoulder) are all probable to play.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2271739 said:
:bang2: I hope this isn't something really serious. We obviously don't have *any* other passrushers.

The good news is that Newman is finally back healthy. Hopefully, we'll be able to play more press coverage, which could allow Wade to blitz more(Spencer or no).

Spencer will be fine-he gave a radio interview today, and said that no more surgeries are needed et al. If anything, this season has a WAY to go-so if we have to rest him, please do so NOW.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2271770 said:
Spencer will be fine-he gave a radio interview today, and said that no more surgeries are needed et al. If anything, this season has a WAY to go-so if we have to rest him, please do so NOW.
Okay, cool. Good news.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm disappointed to say the least about Spencer. I think he is a one big key to get more pressure up front. I'd take Zack out on thirds and put Spencer in but guess that isn't going to happen. I hope we rotate a lot with the DL and trust Tank to play more honest.

sbark

Reaction score
might as well let Spencer get back toward 100%......takes a little time, but need him hopefully in Jan.......by then Ellis wears down

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
it hurts that we lost erick walden to the chiefs....I think he was being groomed to evenutally be the back up once Ellis left and Spencer moved into the starting lineup...and I personally think the ENTIRE organization knew that Marten would never play in Dallas, but we kept him anyway because he was a 3rd round pick....well we wound up cutting him and he was scooped up by the RAiders..mainly because he was a 3rd round pick....should have showed some guts and kept Walden.