lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
who do you think would win this fight?

kodiak bear versus african male lion

DeputyDawg

Reaction score
Someone must be bored...lol
The bear has the strength advantage but I would have to say the lion's speed would have to be the deciding factor. Lion by TKO in the fifth.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bored ain't got s**t on it dawg!

i think it would be a bloody mess any way you look at it, size and weight versus speed and agility! i think if the bear got the first swipe in it would be over, however if he were to lose his balance throwing that first swipe, the lion would grab his throat and seal that big boy's fate.

these are the kind of questions i think about when my wife has to work nights on a freakin weekend.

peace,lane

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Does this battle take place at a neutral site?

On grass or turf?

Dome or open air?

Is this an Alaskan Kodiak Grizzly VS. an African Lion?

Aside from those glaring questions....

I'd say that an Alaskan Grizzly can take down pretty much any other land mammal.

The better question is this..

Who Wins......A Crocodile or a HIPPO?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
great question dan! i watched one of those discovery channel shows about crocs and they say that hippos are about the only animal a croc won't mess with because the hippo will crush them with their weight. i love the shows about crocs. i love the look coming from a crocs eyes as they are skimming the surface waiting for the next unfortunate soul to take a sip of water or try to cross to the other side! kinda reminds you of roy in a way.

p.s. i love the way they show the croc slingin it's prey in super slo motion, slamming it to and fro, much like roy does receivers!!

damn, this beer is good, later

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Grizzly bears - the ultimate carnivore:
Almost all queries received on this topic request answers to the lion versus tiger question. Oddly, few people simply ask which is considered the Ultimate Carnivore.

This honour is held by an animal the tiger does not often have encounter; it is the grizzly bear.

The grizzly bear is a poor predator, taking down a caribou only when the opportunity arises. This, however, shifted his evolution in favour of the job in hand, namely as a digger of hard barren ground for roots, tubers and den building. The grizzly bear subsequently evolved enormous bone and muscle density; roughly ten times our own for a given size. They have developed into huge and enormously powerful animals.

Big cat biology is very different. They have evolved powerful elastic muscles over a low weight, low density bone structure to suit their purpose of chasing down prey.

Grizzly bear pit fights:
The Californians of the late 19th century staged well-documented pit fights with grizzlies and spanish bulls. The grizzlies, using their paw as a club, shattered the unfortunate bull's skull or shoulder bones so easily that the betting became poor.

Eventually, and at considerable cost, African lions were brought in to raise the stakes. The most fierce of the adult males was sent in whilst the grizzly was already waiting in the pits. The lion was known for bravely charging straight in and looked good for the money, but the grizzly killed a male lion almost as easily as he'd killed the bull.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
very interesting, dan! looks like you did some researchin on that one! what you think of my croc story?

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:
very interesting, dan! looks like you did some researchin on that one! what you think of my croc story?

I think that you're full of croc! Yet I agree....maybe