CFZ Questions About Dallas 40 - Eagles 34

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
**The last series, Dallas kicked a field goal to get them to 40. Do you think they were giving their best effort to score a touchdown?

My opinion is, they were just protecting the ball. If the TD was there, then go get it. But by all means do not turn the ball over. Dak gave himself up for a sack to center the ball on the field. This is what makes me think they were more interested is killing the Eagles time outs, and force them to go the entire field to win.

**Rather be lucky than good. Was the T.Y. Hilton catch luck? Was it his skill set as a seasoned professional, who has terrific hands and ball skills?

The penalty he drew earlier in the game was simply a vet positioning himself with the route to draw the flag just in case. If that is the fact, then he will add to this corps of receivers by teaching them the nuances of his route forces the defender to risk a penalty or give up the reception.

**The offense was not particularly effective in the run game. But they stuck with it. This forum calls for the run over the pass so the team doesn't risk turnovers. When they were two yards and a cloud of dust, what was your feeling about that?

**I have now decided, when Cee Dee puts his cross under his jersey, this is the same thing as Popeye eating a can of spinach. Amazing things will ensue.

**Maher is money. I prefer he doesn't have to kick field goals, just extra points. But he has ice water in his veins. What a great skill player.

You can only play the team in front of you. This was a good win. What if doesn't show up in the win/loss column. Dallas needs this same effort for the nest two weeks. I think, as it stands Dallas would go to Tampa Bay. If this Dallas team shows up there, Tommy Boy will be getting an early vacation.

That last statement may be a homer comment.

links18

Reaction score
There was some major clock management bungling at the end of the game again. After Dak took the sack, they played it safe on third down, but there was no reason for Dak to run out of bounds or take a sack for a loss of ten yards there. Just more bungling.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
**The last series, Dallas kicked a field goal to get them to 40. Do you think they were giving their best effort to score a touchdown?

My opinion is, they were just protecting the ball. If the TD was there, then go get it. But by all means do not turn the ball over. Dak gave himself up for a sack to center the ball on the field. This is what makes me think they were more interested is killing the Eagles time outs, and force them to go the entire field to win.

**Rather be lucky than good. Was the T.Y. Hilton catch luck? Was it his skill set as a seasoned professional, who has terrific hands and ball skills?

The penalty he drew earlier in the game was simply a vet positioning himself with the route to draw the flag just in case. If that is the fact, then he will add to this corps of receivers by teaching them the nuances of his route forces the defender to risk a penalty or give up the reception.

**The offense was not particularly effective in the run game. But they stuck with it. This forum calls for the run over the pass so the team doesn't risk turnovers. When they were two yards and a cloud of dust, what was your feeling about that?

**I have now decided, when Cee Dee puts his cross under his jersey, this is the same thing as Popeye eating a can of spinach. Amazing things will ensue.

**Maher is money. I prefer he doesn't have to kick field goals, just extra points. But he has ice water in his veins. What a great skill player.

You can only play the team in front of you. This was a good win. What if doesn't show up in the win/loss column. Dallas needs this same effort for the nest two weeks. I think, as it stands Dallas would go to Tampa Bay. If this Dallas team shows up there, Tommy Boy will be getting an early vacation.

Good stuff TD. What a strange evolution this season has brought. Carried by the defense the first half of the season. Then depending on the offense to get 35-40 each week to survive. I still think this team is going to be dangerous for anyone in the playoffs.

If the defense can regain some of its swagger and Dak eliminates the mistakes, this team can have a run in the playoffs. BOTTOM LINE: Mike McCarthy must mold this team into road warriors. We haven’t won a road playoff game since the 92 NFC championship. Tall order ahead.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

I think Dak got the first down inside the 10, and fans were mad at him for going out of bounds. Considering it was a longer run than expected, I’m sure he had no idea that the clock stopped at 2.01 and wasn’t already the 2 minute warning. A runner can’t know it’s that close. When Moore called for a pass instead of a run on first down when all of us expected a run, I think he was definitely playing for a TD. They didn’t let Dak out of the pocket, had us covered, and brought pressure, but he was correct to take the sack instead of throwing the ball away…..you had to make them use the timeout.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There was some major clock management bungling at the end of the game again. After Dak took the sack, they played it safe on third down, but there was no reason for Dak to run out of bounds or take a sack for a loss of ten yards there. Just more bungling.
Again, he ran out of bounds at 2:01. It was a longer run than expected. I’m betting he felt it was already going to be the 2 minute warning and was only wrong by 1 second. As for the sack, it was take the sack or throw it away, stopping the clock again. If you didn’t like the 2:01 deal, then he has to take the sack and make them burn a timeout.

blueblood70

Reaction score

NO luck and the fact TY was interfered with and nO call if that had not been caught, thats a controversial play would be first down either way same way TY was also contacted and got 1st down earlier in the game. was good call typically you can get a call and TY was hit before th ball arrived. so no lucjk just stayed aggressive.

want bad luck like GB no call in OT on lamb many calls on us, Jags game pick 6 Daks blocked in the back on the the return should have stopped pay and got them further back..so ill take whatever happens in games as just stuff happens in all games, and one comes out winner or loser. w can go do the what ifs in many games

i mean those OT losses should be wins many no calls and BAD LUCK happens

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Again, he ran out of bounds at 2:01. It was a longer run than expected. I’m betting he felt it was already going to be the 2 minute warning and was only wrong by 1 second. As for the sack, it was take the sack or throw it away, stopping the clock again. If you didn’t like the 2:01 deal, then he has to take the sack and make them burn a timeout.

Actually, the 2 minute warning stopped the clock after the sack. If he throws it away, we don't lose the yardage and the clock stops anyway with the 2 minute warning.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Good post but don’t underestimate Carolina, their defense gives Tampa problems.

JBS

Reaction score
100% they tried to score a td. That’s obvious.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Personally I would have gone for it on 4th down and put the game away. And if I don't get it leave them on the 2.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I firmly believe that if Dak would have stayed in bounds on the first play after the turnover, or managed to run the clock down one more second, the play calling in the goal-to-go situation would have been different.

Assuming Dak slides and is downed at the 7 or so, we go to the 2-minute warning, and coming out of it we run the ball three times. Given the clock was at 2:01, attempting the pass there is an acceptable call, but Dak taking the sack was foolish. Just throw the ball through the end zone. Once he takes the sack, you pretty much have to accept the fact that you're going to end up with a FG there as you now have to run to make them burn time outs and you're unlikely to score on the next two runs from 15 yards out.

Going for it on 4th down would have been very foolish. If we didn't get the TD there's a huge chance they still kick the field goal and send the game into overtime.

links18

Reaction score

You are a little off here. In any event, if Prescott thought something was the case, he needs to be sure. If necessary, someone needs to be in his earpiece reminding him. On the next play, he needed to throw it away to preserve the yardage, as it would have been the two minutes warning anyway. They don't call a pass there unless that was the case.